Revell Aircraft Kits (New Tools)

George

3 hours ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

if I ever want to sell my Revell kits, the absence of the original box could well knock 30% off their value on the open-market. But I intend to keep them....

Chris.     

I certainly get that. I recently passed on a good price for a kit that I'm after, only because the box was trashed, and I intended to display the box. Otherwise, despite being somewhat awkward to store, bagged kits can generally be had for decent prices. I traded a guy a car model for four bagged AMTech P-40 kits, and I saw that as an excellent bargain for me.

On 3/20/2021 at 4:52 AM, George said:

Starfighter:  Thank you.  I think you are referring to 2019 1/32 Revell F-18 Super Hornet.  According to Scalemates, there is a new tool 1/32 Super Hornet being released sometime this year.  I hope you have a better experience with this one.  Sorry.

No need to be sorry, unless you are the project manager responsible for this mess! ;) :D As already stated, the upcoming one just has additional parts for the twoseater. 

16 hours ago, Starfighter said:

No need to be sorry, unless you are the project manager responsible for this mess! ;) :D As already stated, the upcoming one just has additional parts for the twoseater. 

Sounds good.

46 minutes ago, George said:

Has anyone built the Revell 1/32 Mosquito?  Any good?

Old kit.  Think the shape is decent, but detail is what you’d expect for an early 70’s kit.  No open bomb bay, simplified engines with removable cowling panels, and raised panel lines (although the Mosquito doesn’t have a lot of panel detail).