Revell Aircraft Kits (New Tools)

George

9 hours ago, MikeC said:

Hi @George I am indeed.  My comments were based  on various reviews plus my own experience (back in 2015 in the "Edgar Brooks Tribute" GB) and knowledge of the Spitfire.  The Mk IX - I have one in the stash - appears to be derived from this kit, but I'll reserve judgement until I've built it.

Hi Mike:  I think it is better to wait and report back on your findings to be fair.

Here's something I discovered with Revell's 1/32 Me-262A-1A camouflage pattern after I compared the pattern to actual records:  the colors are reversed.   The pattern is correct but what is supposed to be RLM 81 and RLM 82 is vice-versa!  What happened?   Also, do hobby companies have in-house researchers or are they contracted out?

6 hours ago, George said:

Here's something I discovered with Revell's 1/32 Me-262A-1A camouflage pattern after I compared the pattern to actual records:  the colors are reversed.   The pattern is correct but what is supposed to be RLM 81 and RLM 82 is vice-versa!  What happened?   Also, do hobby companies have in-house researchers or are they contracted out?

I suspect proof readying problem.  Who knows what companies do.  I remember a paint brand that mixed up the same two colors in their jars or labeling.  

9 hours ago, Grunticus said:

Yes, it is. Just received one last week.

Can you tell me which colour schemes are provided with the Revell kit? How are the Revell decals? Thanks!

Quang

"This photograph shows one of the three Gloster Gladiators stationed at Roborough from August 1940 until December 1940. 247 Squadron became operational from August 13th and could and did intercept Heinkel He111s during daylight hours and lived to tell the tale. They did not confirm any German bombers as shot down but they were credited with damaging He111s. Their main issue was that they were too slow to intercept the fast moving modern German bombers. Hence 247 was reequipped with Hurricanes after the Battle of Britain in December as a stop gap until RAF Harrowbeer was up and running the following year."

I need to double check with him (93 and still going strong) , as its a long time since I was told the story , but I believe my father as 11 year old boy saw them have a crack at German bombers in that summer . 

Link to Source

glostergladiator.jpg

Edited by Panzerwomble

I'm not a big fan of Revell's boxes, so on 7 or 8 occasions I have re-boxed them. I've taken suitable boxes (often used to send me stuff on E-Bay) and taped the box-lid and one end-flap to the new, stronger box. Once you stack a few new boxes in a pile, they look OK.

I can fully appreciate that not everyone would want this kind of hassle, but after a few years of storage the traditional Revell boxes are just about useless, from where I'm sitting. One thing that did occur to me, however - if I ever want to sell my Revell kits, the absence of the original box could well knock 30% off their value on the open-market. But I intend to keep them....

Chris.