Aftermarket items for 1:24 Airfix F6F-5 Hellcat?

chuck540z3

56 minutes ago, allthumbs said:

Chuck,

If it’s still within your budget and you’re brave enough to take on the raised rivet effect on the fuselage, perhaps stock up on a supply of Archer (or similar) surface details.

fWktf1K.jpg

man i never realized how wimpy that tail wheel actually is on that plane!! 

2 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Take a watch at this

Thanks Andy.  Quite impressive and I'm glad to see what some of the stuff I've ordered already will look like.  One thing that strikes me is why did the modeler go to such great lengths to add all that interior detail behind the cockpit and add a scratch built fuel tank under the cockpit, only to seal everything up so that you can never see any of it again?  I've done similar things by accident, but never on purpose.

Cheers,

Chuck

2 hours ago, allthumbs said:

Chuck,

If it’s still within your budget and you’re brave enough to take on the raised rivet effect for the fuselage, perhaps stock up on a supply of Archer (or similar) surface details.

Thanks.  I've got plenty of Archer rivets already and was planning on adding quite a few, but certainly not to the entire fuselage .  After my CF-104 build I need a bit of a break from decal rivets!

Cheers,

Chuck

9 hours ago, chuck540z3 said:

What I'm not sure of is which Master Brass Gun Barrel set to get:  Early with vents or late (covered vents).  I guess I'll need to figure out a subject first before I decide, but one thing that is certain is that it will be American and weathered.

If anybody knows of something I've missed that's worthwhile, please let me know!

Cheers,

Chuck

Chuck, Pictures on my WIP but there were variations in the way barrels protruded. The outboard could protrude or be flush. Never figured it out, but might save you some on 2 barrels?

I ordered the Aerocraft gear legs and doors this morning too....along with the rest 

of the stuff I posted here. If a -3 conversion does come out I'm on it! I ordered the early -5 

conversion from Aerocraft with the MINSI III decals but was thinking if somebody did masks /decals 

for a post war orange drone that might look pretty good till the -3 variant appears. As soon as Chuck glues

the first 2 pieces together you know Airfix will release it!

Cheers....Ron