A Pair of Pups - Finished

MikeC

It's always a milestone for any model when it stands on its own legs for the first time.

20210708-145018.jpg

20210708-145022.jpg

I rigged the undercarriage with monofilament rather than EZ Line to add a bit of structural strength.

If you're wondering what the strip of tape is on each wing, it shows me where the control horns are, so I don't accidentally rest the wing on one.

20210708-145050.jpg

20210708-145111.jpg

Well done Mike,

Wow this project is shaping up a treat! Always good to see a model stood on its undercart for the first time!  I love the idea with the control horns and may appropriate that for the bell cranks on my Tiger Moth. You have really broken the back of this project and are tantalizingly close to the home straight. Great stuff!

Kind regards,

Paul

Thank you all for the kind encouragement.  Progress is slow but steady: the empennage is on and the control wires in place, it now awaits the tail rigging wires before I tackle the wings.  I've also yet to put some paint on the control horns.

20210713-160135.jpg

[Edit] Yes, the rudder is slightly off, the top attachment came adrift; it's been fixed.

Edited by MikeC

No update today, I've been taking advantage of some good (ie not rainy) weather to paint my fence in 1:1 scale, and it's a long job.  Sadly, none of my friends happened along, so I wasn't able to do what Tom Sawyer did.

• 2 weeks later...

The last couple of weeks have seen setbacks like a broken strut; diversions like a HKM Meteor (also on the bench) and doing a bit of "due diligence" on a potential mask cutter purchase; and some real life stuff.  So there has been slow progress, but progress nevertheless.  To cut a long story short, she's now a biplane!

20210724-133432.jpg

20210724-133418.jpg

OK, no more modelling today, that's going to need some serious setting time before rigging the flying and landing wires, adding the engine, tidying up the paintwork, weathering, and sorting out a base.  Do I dare say the end is in sight?:hmmm:

Edited by MikeC

Thanks Gents.

12 hours ago, Ironwing said:

Share lots more pics.

Sorry, what you see is what I've taken.  :)  As I said, I'm not that good at remembering to do WIP shots. 

The aircraft is substantially complete.  I just need to touch up a few "dings" in the paintwork and add some weathering consistent with the photos of the real-life subject; then just mount it and Henry on the base.  Nearly there!!

20210801-140035.jpg

• MikeC changed the title to A Pair of Pups - Last Lap