MDC P-47 Cockpit

John1

So it looks like my next build will be the Hasegawa P-47D.   I've started to order some aftermarket bits, including the MDC resin / PE cockpit.  Just got the cockpit today (took less than a week from date of order to get this shipped over from the UK - great customer service).   The set is absolutely amazing.   Very highly detailed resin, including a choice of smooth and corrugated floors, a boatload of PE, individual decals for each instrument (I still might opt for Yahu or another aftermarket panel), etc.   I'm very impressed.   

So my question is - has anyone used this and if so, any issues getting this to fit that I need to be aware of?   Still have nightmares about the Aires pit I used on the Revel -109G.

Any and all info is appreciated. 

John

• 1 month later...

MDC Cockpit is a must for a 1/32 P-47D. It has great detail and includes both corrugated and regular floor of the cockpit.

I very highly recommend to make a "shelf" from 1-2mm plastic sheets in the fuselage to make the installation easier.

Edited by Jan_K

Guest Vincent

Thanks guys for the praises !

It's nice to see that you enjoy all the hard work I had put into the patterns. Do not hesitate to ask me if something is unclear

;)

Vincent

By the way, all "Bubbletop" P-47D versions, including D-25 had flat cockpit floor. MDC cockpit mistakenly represents corrugated floor of earlier Razorback up to D-23 model.

Here is data table from Republic factory new flat floor drawing. It's clearly seen that it was installed from D-25 up to N-25 inclusive - all bubbletop series.49569204698_0dc0364244_o.jpg  

8 minutes ago, Fencer-1 said:

By the way, all "Bubbletop" P-47D versions, including D-25 had flat cockpit floor. MDC cockpit mistakenly represents corrugated floor of earlier Razorback up to D-23 model.

Above it is mentioned:

MDC Cockpit is a must for a 1/32 P-47D. It has great detail and includes both corrugated and regular floor of the cockpit.

So you should be ok using the set on a Bubbletop, right? It comes with both floor options.

Edited by petrov27

Guest Vincent
29 minutes ago, Fencer-1 said:

Here is data table from Republic factory new flat floor drawing. It's clearly seen that it was installed from D-25 up to N-25 inclusive - all bubbletop series.49569204698_0dc0364244_o.jpg  

At the time I was doing the patterns, there was some dabate about the floor transition as well as the possibility that Hasegawa was planning a Razorback release. I created the corrugated floor for these reasons, "in case"

You are free to use the one you think was installed on the particular a/c you are modelling. Usually people complain about the lack of a particular part, not the extra options. By the way the set is designed with controls for both the Hamilton and Curtiss electric propeller so use the parts accordingly !

2 hours ago, Vincent said:

At the time I was doing the patterns, there was some dabate about the floor transition as well as the possibility that Hasegawa was planning a Razorback release. I created the corrugated floor for these reasons, "in case"

You are free to use the one you think was installed on the particular a/c you are modelling. Usually people complain about the lack of a particular part, not the extra options. By the way the set is designed with controls for both the Hamilton and Curtiss electric propeller so use the parts accordingly !

Wonderful attention to detail, this is what sets you apart from others.   You still doing new 32nd scale cockpits Vincent?  

4 hours ago, Vincent said:

It's just wonderful to have an options and you make great work here, but there is no real option for Razorback Jugs because of lack of rear bulkhead, early seat mount, armor plate, radio etc. It is obviously not universal cockpit set and intended only for Hasegawa's Bubbletop P-47s. Am I right?   Modelers continue doing mistake selecting corrugated (even making it from scratch like here Another Hasegawa Bubbletop) floor for Bubbletop P-47D versions. In case of your beautiful set totally unclear what second corrugated floor intended for. I'm just try to point attention to these details one more time.

With full respect to you,

Alex.

P.S. Fresh sample of incorrect choice: Beautiful Gabreski's Jug by Tolga Ulgur

3525-23.jpg

Edited by Fencer-1
addition