Italeri 1/32 Tornado GR.4

FreightDog

17 hours ago, Mark M said:

Looks great

As for missiles you need the aim132 same as I used on mine, if it has training bombs you only need 1 but war load would carry 2, hannants / eduard

Thanks again Mark. I’ve ordered a Litening Pod; would that go on the centre fuse pylon with the 4 GBUs or on one of the outer fuse pylons with a 3 bomb load? 
I’m going with the AIM-9s as for another £8.50 for the ASRAAMS it’s all starting to add up a bit!

4 hours ago, Mark M said:

The litening goes on the front left outer pylon and bombs 1 behind, 1 on mid and 2 on right hand, check out my build thread there are photos there

Thanks again Mark.

Pin wash applied to everything and main gear legs attached. I’m always amazed at what seems like a scale change once all the detail pops out. I’ve heard people say the panel lines are very deep on this kit; they are in places but they really take an enamel wash nicely.  Main gear is a strangely fragile looking join and I’m not brave enough to try it bearing its own weight yet. Off to work for a few days now.

IILSW8u.jpg

yv4zxNa.jpg

P1n7qX7.jpg

7 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Looks great on all 4 wheels.

If I may suggest something, the paint scheme might need a very fine filter coat of gray, just to blend it all together.  Either way, it will look very good.

Matt 

I hear you, it does look quite contrasted but my inspiration was some of the older really knackered looking birds I’ve seen pictures of like the one below. Then again I’m doing the box art Danger Mouse which was more all over plain in comparison so I’m going for a kind of hybrid (accuracy be damned) but in any case it’s going to get quite a lot of weathering all over

RckPvBn.png

Set the theme of the weathering now. First time experimenting with the Uschi spatter templates. Used a good few passes with different shades & hues then took it down to subtle with filters. I’ve lost the demarcation from the different panels but I can always “replace” a few panels with new ones... or maybe I won’t bother. It’s calmed down the panel line wash which I’d intended to as well. It’s quite subtle, and I may add a bit of grime too but it does show up closer 

wKsFS6z.jpg

NmuPYqt.jpg

On 3/23/2021 at 7:31 PM, FreightDog said:

Big moment of nerves jangling - can she stand on her own 3 feet - and will the 60g of lead in the nose (as instructed) be enough? I know the stores aren’t on yet though but so far so good (wheels not glued so not straight/true yet)

k943KaT.jpg

06SMJCL.jpg

These photos make it look fresh out of the paint shop or prototype type(esk). I know it’s not but it gives that feel if you know what I mean.