Gordon Bennett! RNAS 1214

RLWP

A slight setback...

DSCF1655.JPG

The Tabloid has taken the Dive of Death off the table!

It could have been worse. I've cut all the rigging from the chassis and removed the legs. I should have changed some of this anyway as it was all far from square. The upper wing is out of true too, and I'm not sure why yet. I'm pretty sure it is recoverable

And I didn't break the wheels

Richard

Argghhh bad luck there Richard , hopefully this one will bounce back without any more problems . Would a picture of another  Blackburn minger help to cheer you up ? :rofl:

BTW thanks for that link to the Sopwith day by day site - kept me reading for a whole day . Was a real eye opener to see how low the production figures were for quite a large part of the war, and how much the Tabloid figured in those early RNAS years - I'd assumed it was 1914 only and then moved onto other designs. Real pioneering years . 

To be honest, it's probably a bit of a blessing in disguise. The axle fairing didn't lie parallel to the wings, and I really should have made another one. The upper wing is a bit of a puzzle, I haven't looked at it properly yet

Blackburn seems to have started as he meant to go on with his 1909 monoplane:

wp7b7c465f_05_06.jpg

I particularly like the pilot's seat

Richard

So, with the chassis back together, we turn to the problem of an unarmed, pre-war racer in an 'Air Superiority' group build. :blink::hmmm:

I suppose there are the classic choices of 1914/1915:

DSCF1657.JPG

Left to right we have the Lee Enfield, the grapnel, and finally that old favourite - a brick on a piece of string!

Richard

2 hours ago, Panzerwomble said:

Nice to see an SMLE and not a Number 4 :goodjob:

They're like flamin' hawks on here, never miss a thing! ^_^

Yes, I did my research first - the gun is from Scalelink, they have quite a few nice things for WWI. I was tempted to have a mills-bomb-onna-string, I just didn't need that many mills bombs...

Richard

Edited by RLWP