Two new books by HMH Publications: Su-25 & Alpha Jet

Nic C.D.

Happy to announce two new books in the Duke Hawkins series by HMH Publications. 

DH-017 is a 116 page book on the Su-25 Frogfoot (from the basic version to the modernised versions, such as the Kimono and the Su-25SM3-9) with both action and a really good look at every detail of the aircraft. The second book (DH-018) is a 116 page book on the Dassault/Dornier Alpha Jet. First time that such a close-up look is made on the elegant twin-engine jet trainer/attacker. Both books will be available as of March 31. 

Here are the covers: 

540.jpg

540.jpg

So, these are books 17 and 18 (we started just under 4 years ago) and before the summer, we hope to release 2 or 3 more. Please let us know you suggestions, those are always valuable for us.

Nic

These new books will be available in Europe on March 31. For the USA, it will take about 3 weeks to get the books over. The books are shipped from the UK, but due to the new rules since Brexit, these is a lot more paperwork and checks at the border, so it takes a little time, unfortunately. 

The good news is that the books on the Mirage 2000 and Harrier II will be available again, they are being reprinted too! 

The next two new books will be June 2021!

Hi, Nic. 

I think I might have sent an answer to which aircraft HMH should cover in future on another website. 

A. The A-10. I'm still surprised that only Reid Air Publishing have ever done a full-throttle, close-up photo reference work on this iconic aircraft. Having said that, DACO Publications are supposed to be doing one, but it's been a long time coming. 

B. The SR-71 Blackbird. Similar situation to the A-10. No-one has ever done a modern, full-on reference work, rather surprisingly. Be warned, if you go to the one at Duxford, most of the cockpit components have been removed. 

C. The OV-10 Bronco. I've never seen a really good reference for this airframe. 

D. Modern Russian attack helicopters. MI-28 and Ka-52. I would guess that these are probably much more difficult to get access to, given that they have been used by Russian forces in some "not-entirely-legal", recent conflicts.

Cheers.

Chris.      

Edited by Confusionreigns178
Correcting a typo.

Hi Chris,

You are right about all of those aircraft, they should have a good book about them! The hardest part for some of those is now travelling; during the pandemic it is either unwise or impossible to travel to bases or museums to make good photos. The A-10 has been one of my favorite jets and having done the Su-25, it simply has to be in the series too.

The Bronco could be an interesting one that we haven't got on our list at the moment. I guess for the D-model, we'd have to get to the US too... 

Thanks for the info on the Duxford Blackbird, that won't do. We've got some good museums on our radar though!

The way I see it, we will release 8 new books this year in this series (Su-25 and Alpha Jet included) and with some luck two in a new series. Some of your suggestions might just be in those!

Nic