Phantom canopy sets are now available

Ali62

Hi guys

I now have the replacement canopy sets for the Tamiya kits available 

This set ended up being a little more tricky than first thought, but I am pleased with the results in the end, you now have three clear resin cast parts, two separate support frames and the canopy supporting cylinders in two alternative lengths for both the front and rear canopies, all supplied as 3D printed parts. Note use the frame part between front and rear canopy from the kit.

https://aerocraftmodels.bigcartel.com/product/mcdonnell-douglas-phantom-replacement-canopy-set-for-tamiya-kits

FA57F24F-5922-4F26-988A-17451F58CF75

036D30F5-4893-44A1-950D-B9A389CC7E6A E986EE40-E64B-452C-8B1E-514D02F5487C

Ali,

Do you think these may work on the Revell 1/32 F-4G?  I was thinking if they're pretty close in size, I would just leave them in the open position (which is the point of having all that detail anyway) and no one would really notice any small size difference.

BTW - I got my F-4G landing gear and door set the other day.  Really nice work!

Best,

Chris

1 hour ago, nmayhew said:

Does this mean the B-24 turrets are just around the corner?

:coolio:

The B-24 is NOT FORGOTTEN, but on the back burner to be honest as I am still trying to get some aspects to work in my head and in reality........but I have tried lots of options...it does not go until I get it the way I want it.

1 hour ago, Mark P said:

My order placed. Great coincidence that I was just looking at the Tamiya kit trying to figure out how to confront this problem.

Mark Proulx

Thank you for the order, most of the current orders will be mailed out this week.

27 minutes ago, Chris_B-1B said:

Ali,

Do you think these may work on the Revell 1/32 F-4G?  I was thinking if they're pretty close in size, I would just leave them in the open position (which is the point of having all that detail anyway) and no one would really notice any small size difference.

BTW - I got my F-4G landing gear and door set the other day.  Really nice work!

Best,

Chris

I have had a request or two to look at the Revell kit, I shall get it down from the loft and have a look, in the next few weeks. So I shall see what can be done.
I am glad the u/c arrived safely, also pleased that you like the product.

1 hour ago, Ali62 said:

The B-24 is NOT FORGOTTEN, but on the back burner to be honest as I am still trying to get some aspects to work in my head and in reality........but I have tried lots of options...it does not go until I get it the way I want it.

This is good to hear - really hoping you are able to find a solution

18 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

The Revell kit is really requiring correct canopies. If it is not that easy to assemble properly the Tamiya parts, it is simply impossible to get something that looks more or less accurate with the Revell ones. Personally, I would get at least five sets for the Revell kits!

Me too.  Plus the Tamiya sets I need.