Zoukei-mura The Old Man blog n.112

Jan_G

nice info about the history of ZM

most important for LSP, is the info at the end, that in next blog we will get update on progress of the upcoming Bf-109 and Fw-190 

https://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_112.html

Mr. Shigeta's modelling stash :coolio:

main_visual_No112.jpg

Edited by Jan_G

I’ve built five of their kits, and for most of them I didn’t want the build to end. How often does that happen! This includes two, their Ki-45 and the DO-335, that were subjects I wasn’t especially drawn to at first but the more I assembled the more I appreciated them. 

Parts that join on panel lines is just an example of how ZM wants assembly to convey the experience of building an actual airframe. Another is how the pistons are included in the engines. I also think their instruction manuals are the best in the business. Now where did I stash my Hs.129?

Cheers,  Tom

That was a great article.

I have the Skyraider and its a great kit. Every year at telford one of the first things I do is visit their stand and complete the survey (and ask for a 1/32 Hawker Hurricane as I think it would be a good contender for the ZM Treatment). And admire the kits on display and in development.  I return for the rafffle (and never win a prize). At the last telford (2019) they had to hold the raffle in another room as I think it caused too much disruption in the past and the Old Man gave a talk and it was great hearing his philosophy around the way they do their models.

The HS.129 is the next one of their range I want to buy.

I wish I had the space to organise my stash as well as he has.

Cheers,

Mark

On 3/9/2021 at 10:20 PM, Mark Maclean said:

That was a great article.

I have the Skyraider and its a great kit. Every year at telford one of the first things I do is visit their stand and complete the survey (and ask for a 1/32 Hawker Hurricane as I think it would be a good contender for the ZM Treatment). And admire the kits on display and in development.  I return for the rafffle (and never win a prize). At the last telford (2019) they had to hold the raffle in another room as I think it caused too much disruption in the past and the Old Man gave a talk and it was great hearing his philosophy around the way they do their models.

The HS.129 is the next one of their range I want to buy.

I wish I had the space to organise my stash as well as he has.

Cheers,

Mark

I'd buy a Hurricane from ZM in a heartbeat