Sprue Brother Lancaster deal of the day

Neo

47 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Thanks to this update of theirs, now every single one of my dozens and dozens (and dozens) of bookmarked pages, are now just dead links.

The only good new I have for you is that the product number in the url you have bookmarked is still valid you can copy paste in the aearch

54 minutes ago, Neo said:

The only good new I have for you is that the product number in the url you have bookmarked is still valid you can copy paste in the aearch

Yes, but redoing all of those (now broken, direct links), is still going to take forever. I'll certainly manage, but it'll still be a pain.

2 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Yes, but redoing all of those (now broken, direct links), is still going to take forever. I'll certainly manage, but it'll still be a pain.

Oh I agree, but my positive mind set always tries to take over in my life 

:innocent:

That being said, as a software engineer, I would have built a redirection middleware to avoid this and maintain current SEO ranking, but that's just me being a perfectionist

Edited by Neo

2 hours ago, ChuckD said:

Wait, did you guys have unique bookmarks to individual items on their store pages?  

Yes, and now they're all dead. Quite the bummer.

2 hours ago, LSP_Ron said:

I'm totally confused as to what the issue is?

Perhaps not that big of a deal, but the bookmarked links, at least in my case, were created so that it was very much easier to relocate very specific things that I was interested in vs having to hunt them down each and every time I wanted to look at them; much, much faster.

1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

Yes, and now they're all dead. Quite the bummer.

Perhaps not that big of a deal, but the bookmarked links, at least in my case, were created so that it was very much easier to relocate very specific things that I was interested in vs having to hunt them down each and every time I wanted to look at them; much, much faster.

The search function is much better now though, they probably had one of the worst search functions, at least I found it awkward.

12 hours ago, ScoobyDoo said:

The search function is much better now though, they probably had one of the worst search functions, at least I found it awkward.

Yea, it seems OK enough, I agree.

Last night I began the slow process of deleting all of the old, and adding select bookmarks again, but I have a very long way to go, and will probably do so on an ad hoc basis from here on.

I haven't been able to reset my password so don't have any access to the website. I've emailed them so hopefully they get back to me and let me know what I'm doing wrong. 

Carl 

Edit: just got a email from them and it's been sorted. I can surf their site again. 

Edited by BloorwestSiR