Revell Hawk T2

Dave Williams

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

The Kinetic etch sets are readily available from Lucky Model.

I received mine earlier this week. Only took ten days to arrive and cost less than £12 including shipping.

Edited by Tomjw
Typo

Sorry gents, I should clarify. €44 was including shipping. If I order from Japan or outside EU or so it’s $35 or whatever better price than €44 plus shipping plus 20% tax when it enters the EU (anything above a value of €22, and the bastards add the shipping cost to the total) . So, the deal I mentioned is only a deal if you’re within the EU. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2021 at 6:41 PM, Grunticus said:

I got mine today. PE Fret is included, markings for black RAF machines only. Thanks to MarkM |I will finish mine Korean or Indonesian. This sells on Amazon.de for 44 EUR, quite a good deal I think.

Hello, could you possibly let me know what it supplies for missiles on the wingtips? The revell publicity shot shows what look like AIM9s but all the photos I can see of real ones have what look like plain sticks (training missiles, or another type I don't know!)

just budgeting for what extras I may need to shell out for! Many thanks

On 3/25/2021 at 6:41 PM, Grunticus said:

30 minutes ago, FreightDog said:

Hello, could you possibly let me know what it supplies for missiles on the wingtips? The revell publicity shot shows what look like AIM9s but all the photos I can see of real ones have what look like plain sticks (training missiles, or another type I don't know!)

just budgeting for what extras I may need to shell out for! Many thanks

Just launch rail and AIM-9L/M, or wingtip covers.  The Revell kit is just a rebox of the Kinetic Hawk 127/155 kit, with different decals (two all black RAF machines).

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/kinetic-k3206-hawk--180067

The instructions for the Kinetic kit are here.

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/0/6/7/180067-40-instructions.pdf

33 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Just launch rail and AIM-9L/M, or wingtip covers.  The Revell kit is just a rebox of the Kinetic Hawk 127/155 kit, with different decals (two all black RAF machines).

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/kinetic-k3206-hawk--180067

The instructions for the Kinetic kit are here.

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/0/6/7/180067-40-instructions.pdf

many thanks. I don't suppose you or anyone else knows what's supposed to be on the wings and if there any a/m available for them?

I don’t think there are any options other than a missile rail, or a cover when the rail isn’t installed.  I’d imagine that what goes on the missile rail can vary a bit (e.g. various dummy missiles or acquisition rounds, ACMI pods, etc.)

Kinetic had at one time an alternative PE set to make some of the changes for the RAAF or NZAF birds (forget which) and EResin (EricG’s stuff) had a gun pod and other external hardware to finish out the conversion. I suggest searching for his build thread in the WIP forum.

13 hours ago, FreightDog said:

many thanks. I don't suppose you or anyone else knows what's supposed to be on the wings and if there any a/m available for them?

As Dave said, the wing tip stations are cleared for AIM 9 sidewinders only (a launcher rail fairing covers this when no missile is installed). RAF T.2 aircraft can also fit the ACMI pod on them if required (what you described as a 'plain stick'). RAF T.2 (Mk.128) aircraft are not 'wet plumbed' for fuel tanks, so do not normally have the inboard wing pylons fitted (export Hawk aircraft do, so are often fitted with fuel tanks).

Another key feature of the T.2 aircraft is the Centre line tank (CLT), which is unique to the T.2 and Canadian CT115 aircraft - I do not know if this is included in the Kinetic/Revell kit (the RAF T.2 aircraft does not use the Aden cannon either, but export aircraft can).

2_Hawk_TMk2_Aircraft_MOD_45151662.jpg

1_Vote-for-your-favourite-photo-in-the-Royal-Air-Forces-annual-photography-competition-kindly-sponso.jpg

Two Hawk T2s above their base at RAF Valley

HTH

Derek

28 minutes ago, Derek B said:

As Dave said, the wing tip stations are cleared for AIM 9 sidewinders only (a launcher rail fairing covers this when no missile is installed). RAF T.2 aircraft can also fit the ACMI pod on them if required (what you described as a 'plain stick'). RAF T.2 (Mk.128) aircraft are not 'wet plumbed' for fuel tanks, so do not normally have the inboard wing pylons fitted (export Hawk aircraft do, so are often fitted with fuel tanks).

Another key feature of the T.2 aircraft is the Centre line tank (CLT), which is unique to the T.2 and Canadian CT115 aircraft - I do not know if this is included in the Kinetic/Revell kit (the RAF T.2 aircraft does not use the Aden cannon either, but export aircraft can).

Thanks Derek. From most of the pics I've seen would I be right then in that they frequently carry two of these ACMI pods? I've not seen any RAF examples with the AIM9's on. I'm not normally a princess over accuracy, but as there's not much hanging off these ships whatever is will stand out.