"Building the Special Hobby Tempest" is Now Available!

LSP_Kevin

I’m pleased to announce that our latest eBook title, Building the Special Hobby Tempest Mk V in 1/32 Scale by Chuck Sawyer, is now available!

WS0dY4.jpg

In this book, Chuck undertakes a forensic examination of the Special Hobby Tempest Mk V kit, and uses the Barracuda resin nose upgrade set to enhance the model. He leads you through all the pitfalls of construction, and of integrating the resin nose and propellor into the kit. We’ve included tutorials on decanting spray cans for airbrushing, achieving a flawless, high-gloss base coat, and working with HGW’s Wet Transfer decals.

Nysanp.jpg

Chuck’s build is highly instructive, and will be invaluable to anybody wishing to build the Special Hobby Tempest.

The book can be purchased from our website at the link below for a measly 16 Australian dollars!

https://www.klp.com.au/product/building-the-special-hobby-tempest-mk-v-in-1-32-scale/

Cheers, and thanks as always to our loyal and growing customer base for your continued support.

Kev

Just bought it, when I tried via Chrome the PayPal window attempted to open the disappeared, happed when I tried direct from the product page and when put in the basket, went through on Firefox no problem.

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

Just bought it, when I tried via Chrome the PayPal window attempted to open the disappeared, happed when I tried direct from the product page and when put in the basket, went through on Firefox no problem.

That's weird, but I've been hearing about similar issues for a little while now, which is concerning. And sadly, there's probably very little I can do about it, except hope it's not happening too often! It seems browsers are busy getting in their own way these days.

Kev

36 minutes ago, Daniel460 said:

Got mine, these books are super for the price and packed with great info/techniques. Hoping you do one on Chuck's F-104! 

About $12.40 US for 226 pages of great stuff, you can't beat it for the value...:)

Dan

Thanks, Dan. Maybe I should put the price up!

Kev

7 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Thanks, Dan. Maybe I should put the price up!

Kev

When you consider most magazines are around $10 and full of adds, your books are 200 plus pages of detail and techniques and no adds. They are always on your computer, you can print a few pages for reference if you need them.  And you don't have to scan through pages of comments for info...:)

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Got it and spent last night reading it.  It is really excellent as expected and makes me dream of one for the Revell Me-262.  One thing that I really appreciated are the little points about a tank that won't be seen in the cockpit or the join IRL of the cowling to the fuselage.  It really feels like a guide and mentoring on building the kit versus a simple play by play of the build experience that one often gets on these types of guides/articles.

• 2 weeks later...