One Man Model plans to release Kawasaki C-1 and Bréguet 763 Deux-Ponts in 1/32 this year?

Jan_G

On 2/28/2021 at 10:59 AM, Jennings Heilig said:

That's waaaaaay beyond the realm of ridiculous. 

The name of this website is ‘Large Scale Planes’. The clue is in the title Jennings. Saying this is ridiculous is like going to Hemming’s Motor News and claiming a car for sale is ridiculous because it’s an old car. This is ‘Large Scale Planes and I applaud anyone for producing large scale planes. This is a truly golden age of modelling and I am thrilled to see the choice we have. 

On 2/28/2021 at 5:37 PM, ssculptor said:

A humble question, if you please. Are they talking about these very large aircraft in 1/32 scale? 

Or is this simply a pipe dream on the part of the company spokes person?

He produces the 3D renders/files for printing, prints a few off and then rest to order from what I gather. I have his 1/48th YS-11EB, nothing he suggests is a pipe dream, all will come out sooner or later. 

I have also got the A-90 Ekranoplan (72nd), HS748 HAL AWACS (48th) and will have the L-188 in 48th as soon as I can.. 

23 minutes ago, Radders said:

Only a matter of time then, look at how quick he's designed a L-188...

I'm torn about what scale to get mine in, and it'll probably come down to price. He's already quoted US$90 for the 1/72 version, so I'll be getting that at least. And it'll be in keeping with the other large airliner kits I already have in that scale.

Kev

6 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I'm torn about what scale to get mine in, and it'll probably come down to price. He's already quoted US$90 for the 1/72 version, so I'll be getting that at least

based on the britmodeller thread Kev, 1/48 will be around 200USD. Based on Hs748 prices, I would expect 1/32 version will be 350-400USD

Quote:"The price will be about 90USD in 1/72 scale and about 200USD as for 1/48. I haven't decided the price of 1/32."

jan

• 1 year later...

seems there are some changes in planned release schedule, among other Short S.17 :speak_cool:

however I would like to see some improvement in smaller parts production

http://one-man-model.main.jp/

1/72 & 1/48 & 1/32 L188&P-3C water bomber ver.
Released by June 2022

1/72 & 1/48 & 1/32 HS748 trooper ver.
Released by June 2022

1/72 & 1/48 & 1/32 Deux Ponts
Released by May 2022

1/72 & 1/48 & 1/32 Kawasaki C-1
Released by April 2023

1/72 & 1/48 & 1/32 AW.15 Atlanta
Released by December 2022

1/72 & 1/48 & 1/32 ERJ145 normal airliner ver.
Released by October 2022

1/72 & 1/48 & 1/32 Short S.17 Kent
Released by July 2022

Edited by Jan_G

1 hour ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

A big C-1 is so weird..so esoteric, that it’d be cool as hell to build that and drop it on a contest table-

P

I think you will find almost every aircraft subject is esoteric for someone else!

not previously come across the Deux Ponts before - quick interweb search and learnt something new. Not a great looker of a plane but I guess, as with everything else in life, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, one persons Cinderella is another's ugly sister. Would I like an ugly sister sitting on my shelf - I kind of think I would.