Meng 1/24 Fokker Dr.1 showing for sale on Ebay

oyoy5

One good point of buying from screw brothers is that a lot of the 1/32 scale kids were goofed up with the wing was broken and the replacement parts were goofed up to. Sprue brothers stood behind it and help that out a lot so I may wait

28 minutes ago, oyoy5 said:

One good point of buying from screw brothers is that a lot of the 1/32 scale kids were goofed up with the wing was broken and the replacement parts were goofed up to. Sprue brothers stood behind it and help that out a lot so I may wait

So... is the company “screw brothers” or Sprue Brothers?  Did you have issue with them?  I have nothing but praise for the quality and support I have experienced. They recently put me in touch with Eduard QC about Ju-88 resin wheels that are too small for the late variants.  Rough problem with market issues. 

Rick

37 minutes ago, Rick Griewski said:

I feel you need one of the 1/32 kits sooner than later. 

I agree. I have quite a few kits to gather this year, all of which are "grail kits" to me, for various reasons. I've added a few, but there's still more to grab, and out of financial necessity, I have to move slowly on this.

I really want to see the sprues to see if there are any issues with the sprues similar to the 1/32 kit they released.  From what I hear it’s a totally different kit and not a blown up from there 1/32.  Fingers crossed for sure????

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

I'll be very curious to see where the 24th scale kit came from.

After having really no experience in WWI, then to go to two WWI kits, but both of the same plane, seems unlikely to me, but I could easily be wrong.

The DR.I is a great place to start in WWI. I've just finished rigging an Encore F1, there are only four wires. And the wings are held pretty much in place by the outer struts so not much to worry about when it comes to alignment

Not like balancing a top wing on a handful of toothpicks and cocktail sticks which is what many RFC 'planes are like

Richard

5 hours ago, RLWP said:

The DR.I is a great place to start in WWI. I've just finished rigging an Encore F1, there are only four wires. And the wings are held pretty much in place by the outer struts so not much to worry about when it comes to alignment

Not like balancing a top wing on a handful of toothpicks and cocktail sticks which is what many RFC 'planes are like

Richard

Yep, I've got the new Mengnut F.1/DR.1 on the bench atm, and have just finished shooting a coat of MRP bleached linen.

I pretty much had the entire thing assembled including all three wings using nothing but the snap fit of the 4 outer braces and the two inner fuselage to upper wing braces.

I might pick up a Meng 24th kit, but I'll definitely be buying and building another 3nd kit. Hopefully this one is a scale up of the 3nd one, as that one fits amazingly well.