Mirage 2000 Color help!

Out2gtcha

Im in the process of getting organized on the 1/32nd KHM Mirage 2000 N.  I've got the new FCM Mirage sheet that has the ship Im going to be doing from France in 1993.

Its done in desert colors as seen below:

FCM32026-L.jpg

Im an ardent MRP user, and really have no desire to stray since their paints work SO well, but Im struggling to come up with the definitive MRP colors for the build.

Here is what I came up with:

On sheet as                              Listed Fed Stand #                                      My guess at similar MRP color
- light medium blue-gray          - FS26375 (supposed to be FS36375?)    - MRP-38 "Light Gray"
- light coffee                             - FS33564                                                   - MRP-210 "Beige" 
- Matt sahara yellow                 - FS33448                                                   - MRP-80 "US Modern AFVs"?

The three main colors look fairly close to me, but MRP has so many off shoots of colors that other than the gray (Likely just light Ghost gray) Im not terribly sure on the two desert colors listed as light coffee and Sahara yellow.

Im pretty sure the FS #s are wonky here to some degree, but Im just hoping to get close in MRP colors. 

Any of you MRP experts out there know of better matches to the listed paints on the decals?

TIA! 

30 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

I have no idea, Brian, but the FS number could be a 2 instead of a 3, the 2 just meaning satin vs flat.

Ah, that does make sense Kev.  Really at a loss for the other two desert colors and if I cant find any definitive answers on which MRP equivalent they are, I might end up having to guess.  

1 minute ago, Out2gtcha said:

Ah, that does make sense Kev.  Really at a loss for the other two desert colors and if I cant find any definitive answers on which MRP equivalent they are, I might end up having to guess.  

Guessing is as good a way as any. Just make your eyes happy.

8 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Guessing is as good a way as any. Just make your eyes happy.

Yeah, my ADD brain sometimes tells me thats not good enough! :lol:  Plus, I do screw that kind of thing up once in a while too, as the colors really do look quite different in the bottle.

Thanks Andy, I did see those seats, and they looked great. Ive got the pilot and NOSA sets from Reedoak, so I'll likely skip the seats since the pilots will be over them.

Ive also seen those same desert profiles too, and was hoping theyd lead me to an MRP paint number, but no go. Just need to figure out the dreaded MRP numbers for the desert colors! 

• Out2gtcha changed the title to Mirage 2000 Color help!
6 hours ago, alain11 said:

Thanks! 

Although he has the MRP colors for the gray, he never lists what MRP colors or even what brand he used for the camo colors.

On a french forum, I found these FS refs mentioned as"worth a try". 

FS33531 (MRP226)
FS30219 (MRP-103)  or FS30117 (MRP-387)

French Mirage 2000 are painted with Celomer refs wish does not always match with Federal Standards.

For the underside, its MRP-356. This one you can be sure since it's called CELOMER 1625 which is the light grey used on the M2000.

Edited by discus