S H Tempest VI, a labor of love.

I'm calling her done the more I fiddle with her something else gets snapped off, school boy error in the end by fitting the canopy to soon as the super glue that was used to attach the oxygen bottles must have needed more time to go off. MRP paints used first time using them and had no issues. 

Tempest VI 3  finised00000969

Tempest VI 1 finised00000967

Tempest VI 2  finised00000968

27 minutes ago, MikeC said:

Very nicely done.  :goodjob:

I like the attention to detail, in that weather conditions on the airfield in the early morning have caused condensation to form on the hood. :)

Got to laugh, but after soooooooooooo long in the build, oh well live and learn.

Beautiful big beast! I love the colorful markings as well; you did a great job. Would a light sanding/polishing/dip in acrylic floor polish do the trick? An alternative would be to order a Squadron Typhoon/Tempest vac canopy.

Cheers,  Tom

18 minutes ago, Uncarina said:

Beautiful big beast! I love the colorful markings as well; you did a great job. Would a light sanding/polishing/dip in acrylic floor polish do the trick? An alternative would be to order a Squadron Typhoon/Tempest vac canopy.

Cheers,  Tom

Hi Tom, the canopy was sprayed with Tamiya X22 Clear, but in my rush to finish I had glued the oxygen bottle in place and the canopy was the last thing to do and on it went not thinking about the glue, so maybe a replacement will be sort to correct my mistake.