F-16C Hasegawa 1/32

Cheetah11

8 hours ago, Derek B said:

Just caught up with this one Nick...Hellenic Air Force Block 30 F-16C, awesome, awesome awesome! :) (now you have my full attention! I have the same kit with similar intentions).

Cheers

Derek

Sorry to disappoint Derek

All the Hellenic Block 30 aircraft had the wide mouth intakes, so it will be an Israeli Block 30 for me. They had the small intakes except aircraft no 360. 

The Israeli Block 30 F-16 aircraft all have numbers starting with 3. 

You could find someone who has done a Sufa and ask for the unused wide mouth intake. It should not be too difficult to graft onto the Hasegawa kit for a Hellenic Block 30.

Cheers

Nick

1 hour ago, Cheetah11 said:

Sorry to disappoint Derek

All the Hellenic Block 30 aircraft had the wide mouth intakes, so it will be an Israeli Block 30 for me. They had the small intakes except aircraft no 360. 

The Israeli Block 30 F-16 aircraft all have numbers starting with 3. 

You could find someone who has done a Sufa and ask for the unused wide mouth intake. It should not be too difficult to graft onto the Hasegawa kit for a Hellenic Block 30.

Cheers

Nick

No problem Nick, however, there is no reason why the original NSI and P & W F100-PW-229 nozzle can't be used to make a HAF Block 52 F-16C! (they don't all have CFT's!) :)

haf-f-16-505-tail-star

May be an image of aeroplane and outdoors

Derek

Edited by Derek B
Additional image added

• 4 weeks later...

After almost a month of no progress on this build but  I am still hopeful of finishing it before the deadline. Because of conditions at work I had to bring forward my annual hunting trip, so all free time was spent on reloading and range work since the usual stuff is unavailable due to shipping delays. 

That is done now so I managed to get a bit of paint on the F-16.

I decided to do the difficult part first and finish the tail.

DF1-E5122-E014-4-EBE-B0-AC-31-E7-E7-FDA0

The canopy took a few attempts to get a smooth color coat on and is now too dark. Fortunately I have a spare so I will fix that.

A7-DBFD9-F-18-FE-4-F52-9451-80-A6-AB3387

Cheers

Nick

On 5/3/2021 at 9:17 AM, alain11 said:

hi Nick

very nice paint job !!! how can you get so nice demarcation lines , soft , but "sharp" at the same time  .. I like the tail art !!! 

Alain

Hi Alain

Thanks for the compliment. 

I used paper masks to try and simulate the sharper demarcation of the  painting of the later F-16's . The early F-16A had more of a feather between the colors.

A small correction was needed . I realized the side antennae of the Block 30 aircraft were slimmer than the one of the Sufa I used. So a small adjustment from plastic card needed.  I also think the recess for the antenna needs to be filled on this particular model.

C26233-A7-4708-4-B4-C-A654-6835-B1-D2-B9

Nick

Edited by Cheetah11

• 2 weeks later...

Eventually finished and before the deadline !! 

The old Hasegawa kit went together surprisingly well. The tanks, pilot and tail from Tamiya. Academy Hornet supplied the AMRAAMs and the Pythons scratchbuild.

DSC-7459.jpg

DSC-7461.jpg

DSC-7462.jpg

DSC-7466.jpg

DSC-7468.jpg

Enjoy

Nick

Edited by Cheetah11

Thanks for the interest everyone

23 hours ago, alain11 said:

excellent Nick !!!!!! I am definitively amazed  by your paint job :thumbsup: and , icing  on the cake , the "tail art "  brings , an original touch 

Alain

Thanks for the compliments Alain. It was my first model using Acrylics and I still need to get a few things right. BTW how is your Phantom coming along.

Cheers

Nick