So much for keeping a low profile.....

ScottsGT

Wife is getting he itch to make the move to our "retirement" home on a lake. In the process she is jumping on a few projects around the home to prepare it to put on the market.  Project #1 was to refinish the basement. New carpet and paint. Since we are doing industrial carpet squares, we can do a side at a time.  She got one side done and then she had to move my stash to the other wall.   Momma not happy!  She told me to liquidate some.  No way I'll ever build this many kits.  Told her I'll die trying though!   She might have a good point though.  Do I really need 13 more Phantoms to build?  Or 7 or 8 more F-16's? 

And just to put icing on the cake, I just did a pre-order for the Infinity Hell Diver...

Might start collecting a few boxes to post up a few on the classifieds here soon.  But here's what she had to move.

Please excuse the mess, my workshop is through the door and is being used as storage room for now.

podbwXQhj

I think its a carefully thought out stash for the future and a real investment, but not everyone sees things that way!

On the other hand I've had my wife this weekend telling me I need the HK 1/48 Lanc in my life after she saw it for £99GBP delivered telling me it would be a stop gap til hopefully the WnW Lancaster appeared one day! 

I politely declined her kind offer and asked her to keep an eye out for the 32nd  SH Whirlwind when it comes out:o

Regards. Andy

Doesn't look that out of hand. I mean, it's all on shelves, it's not in the bedroom or on top of the dining table. It's in one room/part of the basement. Mine is about the same. 

Right now in our house, there's at least a half dozen model kits in our living room, a couple in the hallway, three or four in the pantry. None of those are mine. They all belong to our two sons who are 10 and 7. So needless to say, my wife hasn't really complained about my stash even when two huge boxes arrived today from Lucky Model. 

Carl

5 hours ago, europapete said:

Errmm.....so,.....while SHE was doing all this work,.......are we to assume you were on the couch watching tv with a beer? :DodgeBall:lol, just jesting, Regards, Pete in RI

How about in my Lay-Z-Boy recliner and watching TV?  :punk:  No beers though....

Yikes focus on the room behind the shop vac!   You could gain points by selling off the Nannook of the north snow boards that are leaning against the wall.

Then I have to ask... she counts the phantom kits?  Actually noticed your proclivity?   My artist wife just notices that German night fighters are boring colors.  Huh.

This I can very easily relate to having just done the retirement move last August ourselves.

It entailed preparing the house for sale (complete internal repaint and keeping 1.5 acres of native bush tidy for house viewings), selling then moving into temporary accomodation while looking for another house in another city and another Island, while caught up in the middle of our Covid-19 lockdown here in NZ.

So, due to the impact of CV-19, there was no time to refine all of our (ok, mostly my) "stuff" which has been accumulated across 43 years of marriage, living in 9 different homes in 6 different locations around the country.

My "moderate" stash was the first thing to be packed up and put into temporary storage as coming out of lockdown we had 10 working days to pre-pack the house which we had to do ourselves as the movers, even though pre-booked months before, had a huge post lockdown backlog so could only give us 3 hours the day before the house pack went straight into temporary storage.

We've been in the new digs for almost 6 months now and I'm just getting to review the stash. Even though it took nine Cook Straight ferry crossings (each at 3.5 hrs) to bring our vehicles, plants, tools and other things here to our new house, I'm glad I didn't do the big stash cull as there a quite a few changes to the list of "keeps" since starting the moving process back in Aug 2019. - Moral is: don't rush stash disposals if you can help it. 

So, good luck, I hope it all goes well for the sale and move and my thoughts go out to you all as the globe works it's way through the Covid-19 pandemic crisis.       

1 hour ago, Rick Griewski said:

Yikes focus on the room behind the shop vac!   You could gain points by selling off the Nannook of the north snow boards that are leaning against the wall.

Then I have to ask... she counts the phantom kits?  Actually noticed your proclivity?   My artist wife just notices that German night fighters are boring colors.  Huh.

Snow boards. LOL!  They're the youngest kids surf boards. They leave them here for us to drag to the beach every summer so they sit up in the condo and never get used.  The big one was actually made by the son of a guy that was in the Air Force with my Dad back in the ‘70’s or earlier.  
room behind the shop vac gets it next!