I-153 Chaika question - where are the guns?!

One-Oh-Four

Hi guys,

I have ICM's I-153 kit but nowhere in the kit are the 4 machine guns to be found (or mentioned in the instructions) that should reside in the fuselage. As far as I know the should be visible  as they are cocked manually by the pilot? So it's not like they were situated directly behind the engine. In fact, they had very long blast tubes. 

Does anyone have (or could point to) drawings or photos of how the MG's were mounted in the fuselage by the Soviets and how the ammunition was stored??

Here a link to the kit instructions:

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/7/1/7/1123717-91-instructions.pdf

Thanks in advance!

Erik.

Edited by One-Oh-Four

22 hours ago, Trak-Tor said:

I don't have the model, but looking at the instructions, page 9 on top:

Bottom pair should be part C47.

And the top pair seems to be molded in part B14, the front cover.

Hope that helps.

Juraj

Hi Juraj, the parts you mention are the blast tubes. The ShKAS machine-guns are supposed to be placed just in front of the cockpit and behind/around the fuel tank.

22 hours ago, esarmstrong said:

I don't think the guns are supplied with the ICM kit.  If they were, the top pair would be just behind the instrument panel on either side and the two bottom ones would be below the top pair just outside of the metal-tube interior cockpit bracing.  IIRC, the guns do come with the Silver Wings offering that is now OOP.

I think you're right. I'll see if I can find the instructions for the Silver Wings kit. Maybe they'll shed some light on the matter! Thanks for the good idea!

3 minutes ago, One-Oh-Four said:

I think you're right. I'll see if I can find the instructions for the Silver Wings kit. Maybe they'll shed some light on the matter! Thanks for the good idea!

http://www.silverwings.pl/edc_media/Structure/Item-0329/File1/I-153-instruction.pdf