Wingnut Wings perhaps not out? EDIT: no, pretty sure they're out.

KiwiZac

:(Thanks Dave. There is something I couldn’t understand about them not waiting to release the Dr1 - if it was about balancing the books.

Some businesses like WNW used Covid to shamelessly bring forward downsizing and closure. This rings very true. 
Time to move on. Thanks for all the kits. But no thanks for the treatment of your talented staff and loyal customers. 

All the more opportunities for other WW1 LSP makers. 

Edited by Pup7309

3 hours ago, Radub said:

I said all I had to say on this matter. As it has been said many times before in this thread, we are going in circles. The truth is that no one outside the inner circle of WNW knows what is really going on. I do not claim to have any other information. All I know is what I see happening right now and that is all I said in my posts. 

Radu

Going in circles is OK. It keeps us from doing more important things, like building models.

3 hours ago, Radub said:

I said all I had to say on this matter. As it has been said many times before in this thread, we are going in circles. The truth is that no one outside the inner circle of WNW knows what is really going on. I do not claim to have any other information. All I know is what I see happening right now and that is all I said in my posts. 

Radu

What more do you need? You have just had it straight from the horse's mouth ... from no less a person than someone who was a key member of that very same "inner circle" and who as such knows about the WNW situation better than anyone else on here - much of which will be details that the rest of us are not privy to.

If he comes along and says it's gone, that's good enough for me. But if you want to continue swearing that black is white, by all means carry on.

Edited by Babelfish Steve

The Peter Jackson poster at the airshow reeks of "corporate spin" to me. Using phrases like "one big happy family" and all the other self-promoting, rather vapid wording shows that they are pretty desperate to conceal the truth of their situation from the public. Strangely, there's no mention at all that WNW staff were made redundant, with virtually no notice period given. I wonder why?

Everyone's got their own opinion, but to get rid of every member of staff does not suggest there's a successful future waiting for Wingnut Wings Models. Sure, minimal staff could probably administer further model-production using the existing moulds, but there will be no brand new kits produced from here on. Even if new staff can be brought in, plugging the very large knowledge-gap this would create will not be a quick or pain-free process.

Maybe a company the size of Trumpeter or Tamiya could take the moulds on. I can dream, can't I?  

Chris.   

Edited by Confusionreigns178
Correcting a typo.

Whatever the status, I am happy for the kits they gave us, and the standard they set. The way the emplyees were treated is sad, but too typical of the vast majority of businesses; all adults should know this. As for the future, I'll wait and see. It was a good run while it lasted.

9 hours ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

The Peter Jackson poster at the airshow reeks of "corporate spin" to me. Using phrases like "one big happy family" and all the other self-promoting, rather vapid wording shows that they are pretty desperate to conceal the truth of their situation from the public. Strangely, there's no mention at all that WNW staff were made redundant, with virtually no notice period given. I wonder why?

Everyone's got their own opinion, but to get rid of every member of staff does not suggest there's a successful future waiting for Wingnut Wings Models. Sure, minimal staff could probably administer further model-production using the existing moulds, but there will be no brand new kits produced from here on. Even if new staff can be brought in, plugging the very large knowledge-gap this would create will not be a quick or pain-free process.

Maybe a company the size of Trumpeter or Tamiya could take the moulds on. I can dream, can't I?  

Chris.   

Have to agree. To be fair he’s a very smart guy so some tacky/ cheesy poster might not be from him, but yeh get what you’re saying:

pretty hollow stuff and certainly takes the shine off their rep. But as outsiders we had expectations as high as the quality of their products.

As mentioned I can’t see PJ letting go of the WINGNUT brand. But as he’s a perfectionist there won’t be any compromise. Maybe he will release personal interest projects- but maybe not at retail- but this is all a guess of course 

If the molds went to Trumpeter...haha, there’s a thought. Tamigawa fingers crossed 

Edited by Pup7309

14 hours ago, Radub said:

Radu

So you don't believe what is being said by ex staff, who were part of that inner circle once. All of us have said its gone. There are possibilities that some in-development projects could be released under someone else like the Dr.1's with Meng, but I wouldn't be holding my breath for everything.