Wingnut Wings perhaps not out? EDIT: no, pretty sure they're out.

KiwiZac

On 2/23/2021 at 2:22 AM, KiwiZac said:

I'll gather what info I can and post here when I get back :)

Awaiting response hoping the guy behind the tables in pic knows something and not just hired for sales.

Anyone recognize him as staff?

It does appear to me it is wind down of kit stock. Sure jealous though!

Today is the annual Wings Over Wairarapa airshow in Masterton, New Zealand (my hometown in another life) which features much of Peter Jackson's collection of full-size WW1 aircraft plus the usual Spitfire, Anson, Harvards, T28, P40 etc. This year marks two special aspects of the show, the first is the highly anticipated flyover of a USAF B52 (the first ever visit to New Zealand of the type) and and added bonus is the Wing Nut Wings stall which is by all accounts sounds like a warehouse clearcut.

One of our sons went over and called me an hour ago (around 0900) asking if I wanted any WNW kits so has purchased the Sopwith Triplane and Fokker E111 (both with figures) and the DH-9a (post war) kits for me. By all accounts it's business is brisk at the stall even this early. While I should be elated with the purchases, I feel at odds knowing a number of the folk at WNWs and it has the feeling his might be the real end of the WNW line.

Here's a link to the airshows website with the intended program: https://www.wings.org.nz

Keep safe and well out there.

Rgds Brent

Edited by branchline
incomplete sentence

I hope that the excitable person who announced this exciting event is happy about getting people excited for...a remainder sale! Under a dark, sad tent! For people who have already spent a good chunk of change to get into the airshow!

I know that advertisers are gonna advertise, but c’mon, man.

Now, about these x-ray spectacles I ordered...

Adam

55 minutes ago, branchline said:

Today is the annual Wings Over Wairarapa airshow in Masterton, New Zealand (my hometown in another life) which features much of Peter Jackson's collection of full-size WW1 aircraft plus the usual Spitfire, Anson, Harvards, T28, P40 etc. This year marks two special aspects of the show, the first is the highly anticipated flyover of a USAF B52 (the first ever visit to New Zealand of the type) and and added bonus is the Wing Nut Wings stall which is by all accounts sounds like a warehouse clearcut.

One of our sons went over and called me an hour ago (around 0900) asking if I wanted any WNW kits so has purchased the Sopwith Triplane and Fokker E111 (both with figures) and the DH-9a (post war) kits for me. By all accounts it's business is brisk at the stall even this early. While I should be elated with the purchases, I feel at odds knowing a number of the folk at WNWs and it has the feeling his might be the real end of the WNW line.

Here's a link to the airshows website with the intended program: https://www.wings.org.nz

Keep safe and well out there.

Rgds Brent

Unfortunately, I do think the kits on sale at the air show amount to the "warehouse sell-off" we have all been waiting for.

Congrats on getting a piece of the action.  Very few people are in a situation to do that! 

The kits at the stand are all the ones currently listed as 'for sale' on the WNW website, with the following exceptions;

• Pfalz D.IIIa (Flying Circus Part 1) is available at the stand (listed as out of stock on the website)
  • Pfalz D.IIIa (No Decals) is listed as available on the website but is NOT for sale at the stand
  • FE.2.b (Late) is listed as available on the website but is NOT for sale at the stand

All prices are as per the website, with the exception of the two Gothas which are, perhaps unsurprisingly, discounted.

1 hour ago, scvrobeson said:

Are those the normal prices for Kiwis?  And what the heck is Eftpos?

Matt 

Yes. WNW are priced with USD. So it depends on exchange rate with each country. At the moment you’re still paying through the arse in Aus & NZ ( price plus 25%) but it’s slightly better than a few months ago, but a lot less than eBay. Kiwis don’t pay any extra import taxes of course.

Electronic funds transfer point of sale.

Edited by Pup7309

1 hour ago, oyoy5 said:

Very sad state of affairs for sure, I remember when WNW first started out with the Junkers.  I was fascinated by the box art and the detail which was beyond exceptional.  And now it’s a shell of what it was, damn shame and a lose to all of us that love WWI aircraft.  

Yes. Suddenly shutting down ‘due to Covid 19’ just when they were about to release the Dr1 money making Kraken makes even less sense now.  

Edited by Pup7309