Wingnut Wings perhaps not out? EDIT: no, pretty sure they're out.

KiwiZac

52 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

You cut off my statement and dropped the clause where i mentioned other things that could happen as well.  Even if the tooling is made from stuff that won't carode, all it takes is some eager sole to throw a mold in the recycling or some other use and there goes an airplane.  All sorts of things can happen if it is just sitting around long enough.

While some molds have gone “missing” in the past (Airfix SS France, Airfix SAM-2) or been “lost at sea” (Revell 1/32 Raiden, Otaki C-5A - allegedly) the overwhelming evidence is that it takes some deliberate decision to make a mold disappear by scrapping. I think this is borne out by the large number kits being produced today from very old moulds. Point being, if WnW plans properly they should be able to resurrect the existing tooling anytime they want to. The only real question, and the answer is unknowable unless Peter Jackson himself speaks to it, is whether they want to bring the company back in some form.

As an aside, for anyone who’s interested TVAL’s 1/1 display slots for the show are:

TVAL Scenario 1: WWI Fighter Combat
Fokker Triplane, Fokker DVII, Sopwith Camel, Pup and Snipe
TVAL Scenario 2 Bomber across the Lines!
Two Fokker DVII intercept a DH4 Bomber

TVAL Scenario 3 Reconnaissance over the Trenches
Bristol F2B, BE2c, BE2f, DH4, RE8 & BE12
TVAL Scenario 4: 1918
Fokker DVIII, Fokker DVII, Bristol F2B, Sopwith Camel & Snipe

The F.2B and BE.2f are originals, they have one each replica and original Camel so I’m not sure which is flying. I’m also not sure how accurate the online programme is as a friend has been practicing a dogfight routine in a Dr.I against a Sopwith Triplane and that’s not up there.

18 hours ago, KiwiZac said:

As an aside, for anyone who’s interested TVAL’s 1/1 display slots for the show are:

TVAL Scenario 1: WWI Fighter Combat
Fokker Triplane, Fokker DVII, Sopwith Camel, Pup and Snipe
TVAL Scenario 2 Bomber across the Lines!
Two Fokker DVII intercept a DH4 Bomber

TVAL Scenario 3 Reconnaissance over the Trenches
Bristol F2B, BE2c, BE2f, DH4, RE8 & BE12
TVAL Scenario 4: 1918
Fokker DVIII, Fokker DVII, Bristol F2B, Sopwith Camel & Snipe

The F.2B and BE.2f are originals, they have one each replica and original Camel so I’m not sure which is flying. I’m also not sure how accurate the online programme is as a friend has been practicing a dogfight routine in a Dr.I against a Sopwith Triplane and that’s not up there.

Great that TVAL is still going strong- weren’t they shut down ‘due to Covid’ as well?

Have fun KiwiZac:thumbsup:

Edited by Pup7309

6 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Exactly. So if PJs not too busy on the stall or turning BBQ’d sausages someone should ask him on Saturday.

And dont forget to ask him about THAT film  . . . . bounce  . .  bounce . .  bounce  . . bump . . . bang . . . water :goodjob:

Edited by Bomber Command nut

3 hours ago, Bomber Command nut said:

And dont forget to ask him about THAT film  . . . . bounce  . .  bounce . .  bounce  . . bump . . . bang . . . water 

Some people have said that the Busting of Dams will never happen now. I believe that it has been "in development" for an extremely long time. Another aspect to it is, no Hollywood Studio would ever put major money in to a British wartime film of this nature (yep, I know..."Dunkirk", but with a director whose Batman trilogy produced something like two Billion dollars in kerching). Peter Jackson has some serious coin, but not major, modern blockbuster coin. 

Chris.    

23 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

Got sidewalk to shovel there yankee?

A wee bit of discussion on the best model kits ever made, and that includes the ones whittled by hand, at night, during thunderstorms, to help defeat the Spanish.

There is a bit of a thaw hereabouts. 52 degrees F and up tomorrow. I like the snow.  I have never lived in an area that did not have a white winter. I would miss it. Even -25 degrees F is welcome. Just as 100 degrees above zero F is interesting in August.

11 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Great that TVAL is still going strong- weren’t they were shut down ‘due to Covid’ as well?

In a way: the manufacturing and restoring side was shut down, along with several job losses, while retaining a rump staff to maintain and operate the existing fleet. Who knows what delights are in shipping containers with an uncertain future. This recent Vanity Fair article can shed some light on things: https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2021/01/peter-jackson-and-the-airplane-thief

3 hours ago, KiwiZac said:

In a way: the manufacturing and restoring side was shut down, along with several job losses, while retaining a rump staff to maintain and operate the existing fleet. Who knows what delights are in shipping containers with an uncertain future. This recent Vanity Fair article can shed some light on things: https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2021/01/peter-jackson-and-the-airplane-thief

Interesting background info, cheers!