Wingnut Wings perhaps not out? EDIT: no, pretty sure they're out.

KiwiZac

6 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

And my take is that there is no indication whatsoever that this means anything with regards to WNW reopening their website, making any new kits, repoping old or OOP kits.  You’ve got your opinion, which you seem to repeat over and over just to have the last word.  I’m done.  This means nothing to me with regards to whether WNW is alive or dead.  And, I’ll “hand wave” as you call it and have my own opinion if I want.

Your very convenient dismissal of the biggest "statement" from WNW in a year speaks volumes.

Radu

13 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Let's agree to disagree on the topic, as to the actual state of WnW currently.

No one will know anything concrete until such a time as an official statement from the controlling entities of whatever WnW has become come forward to make an official statement.

I have to agree. We're going nowhere with this. We may be getting very near Schlage lock time now.

On 2/23/2021 at 10:33 PM, Radub said:

WNW states very clearly on their official website that the disruptions are caused by Covid and that they plan to resume sales. I have no reason to disagree with the official statement from WNW. 

Radu 

On 2/27/2021 at 9:10 PM, Radub said:

It looks to me that WNW is still making money. All I see is WNW selling kits. Others may see something else in this, but so far this is just another piece of evidence that WNW is still alive.

Radu

10 hours ago, Radub said:

It does not matter whether I am right or not because I have no say or power in any of these issues. 

but... 

If "WNW is dead", how can one explain the presence at the Wairarapa Air Festival of a stand wearing the WNW name, selling WNW models, staffed by people wearing WNW T-shirts, with a banner depicting Peter Jackson ? This stand bore no sign of finality or even desperation. Prices were the same as usual, no prices were "reduced to sell". There was no sign of "everything  must go" or "closing down sale" anywhere. A lot of time and effort was spent here and elsewhere in pushing the message that "PJ" would not allow his brand or image to be misused by anyone else. How could this stand possibly happen without WNW as a company and Peter Jackson as a person who still cares? The simple existence of that stand is proof of life!

Any true fan of WNW should be very happy to see WNW show signs of life. 

Radu 

Much as I respect you @Radub, your unfortunately off track with this case. WNW is dead... If you want to believe the COVID Statement, be my guest! You seem to think you know what is going on, but there is more to this ruse. Wingnut Wings is dead it will not be restarted.

Yes its still operating company which declares their taxes, but they will not restart it even with a sole manager reissuing the kits that have been produced. The Owners do not want to spend any more money on this project. Trust me I know, why do you think I jump ship prior to this happening? I had some knowledge and my gut was telling me get out while I can. To be honest I didn't expect this to happen so soon, I expected that the Fokker Dr.1 and Lanc would be release and then the plug would of been pulled.

Management had the prime opportunity to cut the wings project due to COVID, as that was happening around them with other companies within NZ, and they did. As you know Radu, you do not need to be in the office to design and produce model kits or ship them around the world this can be all done remotely and I did that for 8 months prior to me leaving WNW as I was working from home recovering from a second back op. The WNW team asked to work from home during the NZ lockdown and this was declined. WNW could easily survived and functioned during COVID lockdown, but management wanted it gone, and that is what happened.

The stall at the airshow was a dump of NZ based stock, all that WNW branding that they had there is stuff that I had made for shows that we attended. They didn't go out an knock it up for this event. It was already there!

On 2/24/2021 at 10:57 PM, Pup7309 said:

Great that TVAL is still going strong- weren’t they shut down ‘due to Covid’ as well?

Have fun KiwiZac:thumbsup:

TVAL only has a few staff member (I think 4/5 now?) which is down from the 50 or so they once had. All projects that were once on the go are now are on the go slow or cancelled. Talking to someone connected to TVAL, they are struggling too, there are engines that need to be overhauled, airframes that need to be serviced and repaired but due to staff and budget cuts these things can't be done.

Edited by Dave J

Thanks for the informed update Dave and if anyone knows what is going on, then it is chaps like you who know the company and what made it 'tick'.  It's a sad time for all modellers who loved the company and their products and I am so glad I have all of the kits in the range I will ever need.

Anyone else popping their moulds in the near or far future will doubtless be a sad reflection of what went before in terms of the overall package.

Gary

I said all I had to say on this matter. As it has been said many times before in this thread, we are going in circles. The truth is that no one outside the inner circle of WNW knows what is really going on. I do not claim to have any other information. All I know is what I see happening right now and that is all I said in my posts. 

Radu