Wingnut Wings perhaps not out? EDIT: no, pretty sure they're out.

KiwiZac

13 minutes ago, Radub said:

Covid is not over. It still has significant effects on chains of supply and delivery. 

But that is not the crux of the issue. WNW could very easily post a message on their website saying "Goodbye and thanks for all the fish". When they do that I will accept it. To me the WNW website is the official source of all info on WNW. I do not believe the utterances of the WNW-Anon shamen, no matter how loud they crank up their bullhorns. :D

Radu 

Added this:

‘Yes it could be re opened for online sales with new staff and directions from PJ to start up the fires of Mt Doom but that’s up to him’

I hope you’re right Radu, and if they re-release the Dr1 and HP 0/s Ill be one of the first in line. I miss those instructions and the WNW treatment.

But expectations are realistically, low

Edited by Pup7309

#BrightWombleIdeaNumberOne 

WNW "appears" to have been wound down as a business , if they liquidate the company assets ....they might sell the moulds , although it is possible that Peter J doesn't want someone else to release his work . 

However ...........................

If Tamiya bought the moulds..., well that's two ever-recurrent threads on here that could stop . :thumbsup:  

Bonzer huh ? 

So..........I just need you all to paypal me $10 so I can afford the flights to go discuss it with them in person on behalf of the LSP+ community .  

Edited by Panzerwomble
Spelling as ever

On 2/24/2021 at 3:37 PM, Confusionreigns178 said:

Some people have said that the Busting of Dams will never happen now. I believe that it has been "in development" for an extremely long time. Another aspect to it is, no Hollywood Studio would ever put major money in to a British wartime film of this nature (yep, I know..."Dunkirk", but with a director whose Batman trilogy produced something like two Billion dollars in kerching). Peter Jackson has some serious coin, but not major, modern blockbuster coin. 

Chris.    

I would be most happy if PJ dropped the Dambuster film and concentrated on 617's participation in the sinking of the Tirpitz.

Now that's a story that needs telling!

Well it seems tomorrow’s day at the show has been canceled due to a snap 7 day lockdown. 

So show’s over, time to move on folks. When whoever the hell is running the NZ warehouse gets their act together we might be able buy these kits. Until then there are a few other companies now filling the WNW void and open for business

Happy hunting gentlemen!:piliot:

2 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Well it seems tomorrow’s day at the show has been canceled due to a snap 7 day lockdown. 

That's a real shame. I feel sorry for the show's organisers - all that effort and no show. Lousy timing, from their point of view. I hope that they can arrange it for later in the year (although they will now be moving into their Autumn, which could complicate things). 

Chris.  

On 2/24/2021 at 6:25 AM, KiwiZac said:

As an aside, for anyone who’s interested TVAL’s 1/1 display slots for the show are:

TVAL Scenario 1: WWI Fighter Combat
Fokker Triplane, Fokker DVII, Sopwith Camel, Pup and Snipe
TVAL Scenario 2 Bomber across the Lines!
Two Fokker DVII intercept a DH4 Bomber

TVAL Scenario 3 Reconnaissance over the Trenches
Bristol F2B, BE2c, BE2f, DH4, RE8 & BE12
TVAL Scenario 4: 1918
Fokker DVIII, Fokker DVII, Bristol F2B, Sopwith Camel & Snipe

The F.2B and BE.2f are originals, they have one each replica and original Camel so I’m not sure which is flying. I’m also not sure how accurate the online programme is as a friend has been practicing a dogfight routine in a Dr.I against a Sopwith Triplane and that’s not up there.

Zac,

If you were able to go to the show and see the Wingnut stand, did you ask how mail order might work?

The last time I e-mailed them I got the standard e-mail response. Given that they 'implied' that they had not forgotten these who couldn't go to the show then it makes me wonder if they'll refer to all of the e-mails they have received over the last year or so and then reply to each one saying 'You wanted a Camel, please confirm and we'll PayPal you' or such like? I suppose its matter of not wanting to miss the opportunity when the doors to the warehouse open! Of course, knowing my luck the one kit I wanted - which is not sold out according to the website - might be sold out after this weekend!!

Cheers

Simon

Quick look on the NZ Companies registers shows the company has not been wound up , and presented accounts last November. Thats not to say it's alive and kicking , or will be opened up for business again , just that it's not been closed down permanently 

Just information . I've no skin in the game re the debate . 

https://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/companies/app/ui/pages/companies/2141181/documents

25 minutes ago, Panzerwomble said:

Quick look on the NZ Companies registers shows the company has not been wound up , and presented accounts last November. Thats not to say it's alive and kicking , or will be opened up for business again , just that it's not been closed down permanently 

Just information . I've no skin in the game re the debate . 

https://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/companies/app/ui/pages/companies/2141181/documents

As I was saying, that filing in November was submitted after six months of endless doomscroll about the death of WNW. 

Radu 

2 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Snap poll:

What causes more pages of speculation:

WNW future status or Tamiya’s future direction in 1/32nd?

I think it is neck and neck.

It certainly is fun though, sometimes entertaining, sometimes informative, and sometimes just plain silly, but I rather enjoy it, regardless, as long as it remains civil.