Wingnut Wings perhaps not out? EDIT: no, pretty sure they're out.

KiwiZac

25 minutes ago, Radub said:

It looks to me that WNW is still making money. All I see is WNW selling kits. Others may see something else in this, but so far this is just another piece of evidence that WNW is still alive.

Radu

With DNR stamped upon their chart.

1 hour ago, Radub said:

It looks to me that WNW is still making money. All I see is WNW selling kits. Others may see something else in this, but so far this is just another piece of evidence that WNW is still alive.

Radu

Wishful thinking and desperate straw-clutching. Sorry.

- Steve

5 minutes ago, Babelfish Steve said:

I'm not. I'm just calling it like I see it. Like many on here I'd actually be delighted to be proved wrong. But I'm not holding my breath.

- Steve

Calling me "desperate" is patronising. There is no need for that. 

Radu 

So a summary,

What has happened:

WNW have a stall at the air show selling at retail non sold out kits;

The website is still up;

They’ve sold Hong Kong warehouse stock off to MBK and Andy’s 

Their long standing staff have been dismissed.

Meng has put out the Dr1

What could happen:

They are permanently closed but may re open to sell off remaining stock or (less likely) will re open again some time in the future 

Edited by Pup7309

3 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

They are permanently closed

Where is the evidence that they are "closed"? The website says that they are "affected by Covid but hope to start selling soon.". Covid is not over, not by a long chalk. They are still registered with the New Zealand Companies Register as a company and submitted a filing in November 2020, long after they were "rumoured" to be closed. They are selling at a show. They are not what they used to be, that much I agree, they just exist in a new form.

Radu 

Edited by Radub

5 minutes ago, Radub said:

They are not what they used to be, that much I agree, they just exist in a new form.

Radu 

And the huge, unanswerable question is - what form is that?

I do understand your point, that holding the moulds and maintaining a simple, virtual company means they could start up easily.

I have an opinion, based on not a lot, which is this was something Peter Jackson wanted to do at the time. And now he doesn't want to do this, so it has stopped. 

I use teabags, so unfortunately I'm unable to consult my teacup as to what he might want to do next

Richard

Edited by RLWP

11 minutes ago, Radub said:

Where is the evidence that they are "closed"? The website says that they are "affected by Covid but hope to start selling soon.". Covid is not over, not by a lonk chalk. They are still registered with the New Zealand Companies Register as a company and submitted a filing in November 2020, long after they were "rumoured" to be closed. They are selling at a show. They are not what they used to be, that much I agree, they just exist in a new form.

Radu 

The meaning was in terms of closed for online sales from their site. Covid is pretty much over for Aus & NZ but yes the postal service is still not optimal for OS sales.

Personally I don’t have an opinion either way but either they’re finished or not and we won’t know till it happens 

Yes it could be re opened for online sales with new staff and directions from PJ to start up the fires of Mt Doom but that’s up to him

Edited by Pup7309

Just now, Pup7309 said:

In terms of closed for online sales from their site. Covid is pretty much over for Aus & NZ but yes the postal service is still not optimal for OS sales.

Personally I don’t have an opinion either way but either they’re finished or not and we won’t know till it happens 

Covid is not over. It still has significant effects on chains of supply and delivery. 

But that is not the crux of the issue. WNW could very easily post a message on their website saying "Goodbye and thanks for all the fish". When they do that I will accept it. To me the WNW website is the official source of all info on WNW. I do not believe the utterances of the WNW-Anon shamen, no matter how loud they crank up their bullhorns. :D

Radu