Wingnut Wings perhaps not out? EDIT: no, pretty sure they're out.

KiwiZac

11 minutes ago, misha71 said:

sure i'm not alone here:crying:

You are really not!

It is good to see that WNW will be doing something at the airshow and may also sell some kits further afield. If more are available of their previous line-up then I'll be buying an AMC DH.9a and a Roland DVIb. Should the Lancaster and the Bloody Paralyser appear I'll be very happy to buy those also. 

The Lancaster sure did look like it had a lot of work still to do on it when I saw it in Chattanooga back in 2019.  They were still trying to get the oil-can effect just right on it and there were no panel lines or rivets on the surface, yet.  As for the "Bloody Paralyzer", it looked like it was on the verge of being ready for release.  It would be nice to see these some day get released.

Edited by esarmstrong

25 minutes ago, esarmstrong said:

The Lancaster sure did look like it had a lot of work still to do on it when I saw it in Chattanooga back in 2019.  They were still trying to get the oil-can effect just right on it and there were no panel lines or rivets on the surface, yet.  As for the "Bloody Paralyzer", it looked like it was on the verge of being ready for release.  I would be nice to see these some day get released.

Saw the Lanc at Telford at the end of 19 and it was looking pretty close. The lovely big box on display of the 0/100 and sprues looked very nice indeed. I so hope we get to see these in the hopefully not to distant future!

Regards. Andy 

6 hours ago, DonH said:

Airfix does much the same thing with their Vintage Classics releases. Money for old rope/plastic.

Airfix does have their own in-house design team for their kits. Although, the upcoming 1/35 Cromwells are being designed and tooled by Academy.

4 hours ago, cbk57 said:

I would think that there is a bit of a use it or loose it aspect, as if you let this stuff all go into disuse,

As long as the molds are stored properly, this is not really true. Atlantis Models in the US are re-releasing classic kits from tooling that hasn’t seen the light of day in 40, 50, or even 60 years or more.

4 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

However, I truly hope someone at the NZ show gets some definitive answers one way or another. 

I'm not sure I made it clear but I'll beat the show on Saturday, eager to chat with the WNW stall attendants and photograph what's there. I'll be making a point to post about it and the relevant photos here and at other forums before the actual airshow photos.

33 minutes ago, KiwiZac said:

I'll be making a point to post about it and the relevant photos here and at other forums before the actual airshow photos.

Thanks, Zac. I'm sure a lot of folks on here will be very interested to see the WNW stall. There is so much contradictory information floating around about the company right now, a little clarity is long overdue. 

Chris.  

4 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

As long as the molds are stored properly, this is not really true. Atlantis Models in the US are re-releasing classic kits from tooling that hasn’t seen the light of day in 40, 50, or even 60 years or more.

You cut off my statement and dropped the clause where i mentioned other things that could happen as well.  Even if the tooling is made from stuff that won't carode, all it takes is some eager sole to throw a mold in the recycling or some other use and there goes an airplane.  All sorts of things can happen if it is just sitting around long enough.