Vegemite, the food of the gods!

mpk

1 hour ago, dennismcc said:

We tried Vegemite when we lived in Oz and thought it was pretty much the same as Marmite but our Australian friends would not have it at all.

Spurred on by this conversation we have just had Marmite on toast for lunch.

Cheers

Dennis

You have my condolences…

Richard

In my mining days we bought a front loading shovel from a brewery in Burton on Trent (the home of Marmite) the machine was used on moving yeast concentrate only,

the raw material for the said substance.

We thought the price was good until we had to replace the tyres, hydraulic hoses, ALL rubber seals and gaskets on the engine and hydraulic system anything rubber or rubber based was rotted :wacko:

I never liked the stuff before but after that it has given me a great excuse  ;)

Bob

On 2/22/2021 at 3:05 PM, Confusionreigns178 said:

I hope Vegemite tastes better than Marmite does (the UK equivalent of Vegemite, maybe?). Tried Marmite once - tasted like the liquid-residue from Satan's jock-strap after he had run a full marathon. Horrible, nasty, unpleasant stuff. 

Chris. 

As others have said, you either love it or hate it, and I'm most definitely in the former category. Best on hot straight-out-from-the-toaster buttered toast, but one of my favourite sandwiches is cheese and Marmite.  Also, a small dollop gives a great flavour when making gravy.

Food of the Gods for some may be Vegemite or Marmite. I had a friend at work who liked both, tried both but they were not to my liking.

My preference for Food of the Gods is more for fish and brewis with scruncheons.  

cheers, Graham