Men will be boys. 1970 British pathe

mpk

• LSP_K2 changed the title to Men will be boys. 1970 British pathe

We men grow up when we are so infirm due to old age that we just haven't the energy to resort to childish behavior. Overwhelming situational pressures can also reduce us males to the stultifying, dour, "proper" behavior patterns so favored by our wives. Problem there is that when we become so dull that our wives are pleased that then they get bored and seek affairs with other men who are a bit more exciting.

Either way we males are screwed.

So go do what you want while you are outwardly pretending to behave the way your wife wants. Just pretend you are an actor and develop an alternate persona.  Yes it becomes difficult at times but after a while one gains skill and actually finds a bit of pleasure in keeping one's loved one(s) happy.

Look, one way or another all humans are weird so relax, sit back and enjoy the ride.

10 hours ago, ssculptor said:

We men grow up when we are so infirm due to old age that we just haven't the energy to resort to childish behavior. Overwhelming situational pressures can also reduce us males to the stultifying, dour, "proper" behavior patterns so favored by our wives. Problem there is that when we become so dull that our wives are pleased that then they get bored and seek affairs with other men who are a bit more exciting.

Either way we males are screwed.

So go do what you want while you are outwardly pretending to behave the way your wife wants. Just pretend you are an actor and develop an alternate persona.  Yes it becomes difficult at times but after a while one gains skill and actually finds a bit of pleasure in keeping one's loved one(s) happy.

Look, one way or another all humans are weird so relax, sit back and enjoy the ride.

I never got married. I decided never to marry when I was about 7 years old.

When I was 8 or 9 I was in the car with my mum. We were at traffic lights next to the Melbourn botanical gardens. There was a wedding going on. Lovely sunny afternoon.

I rolled down the window, leant out and yelled " You'll be sorry....."

The entire wedding party turned and looked at me.

To this day I wonder what became of that marriage. :)

As for women, I went on the road playing drums every night. :D

Musicians are hard to live with as their music keeps them on the road and avoiding temptation is difficult.

Artists who make the plastic arts (painting, drawing, sculpture, etc,) have problems with their spouses because their art takes primary importance in terms of the great amount of time they need to make their art, the money they must spend on studios and art materials, etc. Their art assumes primary importance and the wives and spouses do tire of being of secondary importance in the relationship. 

Even when both domestic partners are artists  they have problems of jealousy and time, and money.

I'm a sculptor, been one for 60 years.

It ain't easy being an artist. No way at all.

:deadhorse:

Story of my love life.

'Tap tap tap.....'

"Dale, I want to see a movie."

Okay, enjoy it. 'Tap tap...'

"No, I mean with you."

I'm practising. Tap tap...

"Let's do something!"

I'm practising. Tap tap.....

Tap tap tap.....

Tap tap...

Where'd she go ?