1/18th F-14A Tomcat new decals sheets !!!

air one

Hi guys!

I have just found a Dutch guy who make 1/18th decals for the rare 1/18th JSI F-14A Tomcat....

I know this birds are quite rare but I am sure that some of you got one... with spots... and lot of....

This guy offer VERY large decals sheet covering VF-84(including the Final Countdown birds), VF-32, VF-114, VF-2,VF-142, hi-viz stencils for airframe and weapons...

In progress are sheets for VF-111, Topgun (the movie) aircraft, and some more...

if you are interested you can have a look at 

https://maiksuurland.wixsite.com/msdecals

He has a sheet for 1/18 F-104.. 

If you are interested, have talk with him, he’s a nice guys who can help us who loves really big kits...

He designed and have printed some 1/18th Super Tomcat prototype custom sheet... and it’s awesome !

Enjoy!

That may be huge decal sheet in that scale.
I'm wondering why the decal choice over masks? If it were me I'd probably want to paint the markings rather than use decals. 

If someone is looking to get one of of the JSI F-14 tomcat, I have a friend who's selling his from Belgium

(sorry for the shameless plug)

• 1 month later...

Basically it's just an oversized toy with a horrible paintjob, Luca. It is so coarse and and rough, you essentially have to disassemble it completely and redo every part.

It can be turned into something impressive but it requires more blood, sweat and tears than the 1/32 options (i.e Tamiya, Revell, Trumpeter) all put together. Most folks basically just repaint it but if you are serious about the F-14 you have a crazy lot of work in front of you.

Since JSI and Merrit essentially went out of business years ago and the master of that thing is said to be lost in limbo after only a rough 3000 or so were made, people pay a 4-digit premium for these "kits" nowadays. Many moons ago when it was first anounced and preorders were possible I was able to secure one for a little over a 100 bugs and after that two more for a little under 100 bugs. That is what I would think they are worth as a base for a modeller. Still can't figure why some one would pay several hundreds for these and even in the thousands but it seems to be the common price nowadays for them.

Edited by bushande

50 minutes ago, bushande said:

Since JSI and Merrit essentially went out of business years ago

I thought Merit is now known as Merit International? Or is this a different company completely? If not, please pardon my ignorance.

Chris. 

Edited by Confusionreigns178
Correcting a typo.