Tamiya spare / replacement parts

Dave T Brown

I hope this question hasn't been asked before but thinking about, it it probably has so I apologise in advance.

Is anyone aware of how I can get hold of Tamiya replacement parts?

I've managed to knock over a bottle of mekpac (liquid cement) and you've guessed it, it's destroyed the transparencies of the 1/32 Mosquito FB VI I was building. Beginners mistake made by a relatively experienced modeller!

Whenever I need Tamiya spare parts, I have contacted Time Tunnel Models here in the UK.  You will need the kit item number, the sprue item number and description.  They will then email you back a price for the parts (only complete sprues - not separate parts).  The numbers are on the back of the instruction sheet.  You can pay by PayPal.  You may want to check your junk mail folder as many of their email replies to me end up there - in spite of me ticking "not spam".  They are usually quite quick in replying - within 24 hours normally.

27 minutes ago, Stokey Pete said:

Dear Mr Tamiya,

I would like 1 of each sprue from the F-16 Thunderbirds kit. 1 set of decals. 1 set of screws and bits. Oh, and 1 box to put it all in please. 

I don’t want to pay $500-600 for it however.

I have one for $499.  :lol:

Hi Dave!

Here is something that might help you!

https://www.modellbau-seidel.de/

This Shop selling nearly all what you need from Tamiya. They got a store ( frequently closed because of the lockdown here!) but they're Onlineshop still open.

The sprue you need for the clear parts are in stock as far as I could see.

Lutz

• LSP_K2 changed the title to Tamiya spare / replacement parts
1 hour ago, Sturmbock said:

Hi Dave!

This Shop selling nearly all what you need from Tamiya. They got a store ( frequently closed because of the lockdown here!) but they're Onlineshop still open.

The sprue you need for the clear parts is in stock as far as I could see.

Lutz

On the Tamiya website there is a list of each Tamiya dealer for that country, and the contact details. In Australia you can get a replacement sprue for about $20 aud. For me, that’s pretty good, if they have the parts in stock, I’ll have it in a week, if not it’s about 6 weeks. 
And I’ve already ask for the thunderbirds intake sprue, it’s not available!

Also people sell sprues on e bay, it can be expensive but it’s cheaper than a new kit!

11 hours ago, Sturmbock said:

Hi Dave!

The sprue you need for the clear parts are in stock as far as I could see.

Lutz

only shipping inside Germany (????)

can someone there maybe order for me (small amount) and forward to me in Austria?

this is like a shop in new york not shippping to new jersey....

My experience with Tamiya replacement parts has been great. Purchased new boxed early Zero from an Asian country, and found the cowling sprue missing. Contacted US distributor, and sprue was replaced at NO COST, although my contact did mention that he was NOT supposed to do that., and I should have tried to get replacement from overseas distributor. In my opinion they have been honest and always helpful.