Spad XII ? XIII from Roden coming this spring!

Trak-Tor

• Trak-Tor changed the title to Spad XII ? XIII from Roden coming this spring!
5 hours ago, RLWP said:

Can the title of this thread be changed? The kit is for the twin 7.62mm SPAD XIII, not the cannon armed SPAD XII

Richard

I've changed the title. One of the leaflet clearly says it's XII, although showing XIII on the photo.
We'll be wiser soon...

Juraj

11 minutes ago, Trak-Tor said:

I've changed the title. One of the leaflet clearly says it's XII, although showing XIII on the photo.
We'll be wiser soon...

Juraj

It isn't easy to find a version of the leaflet that is big enough to read. If you can, and the SPAD in the image has got two forward facing machine guns, it's a XIII. If it's got one forward facing machine gun and no cylinder head fairings, it's a XII

My money is on the XII being a typographic error

Richard

The picture on Britmodeller is a bit larger and appears to show the rocker covers of the XIII. I do wonder how much the XII and XIII have in common, other than the different engine, control system, and "fatter" front end of the XII.

The XII sure looks a lot more like the XIII than it does to the VII.

Either way, I'm getting one :)

Edited by jeroen_R90S

On 2/15/2021 at 7:49 PM, Trak-Tor said:

We'll be wiser soon...

Juraj

Bad omen when even the manufacturer doesn’t seem to decide which version of the aeroplane he plans to release. :rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, quang said:

Bad omen when even the manufacturer doesn’t seem to decide which version of the aeroplane he plans to release. :rolleyes:

I would like to think not.  Depending on the differences between the variants they could be making/remaking the tooling to cover both variants.  Internals within the company disagreed which goes out first?

On 2/16/2021 at 3:48 PM, jeroen_R90S said:

I do wonder how much the XII and XIII have in common

Not a lot as far as I can tell. The XII was developed from the VII, with a new wing, rudder and elevators and a deeper fuselage

The XIII was a subsequent development of the VII

If you check, they all have different lengths, heights, wingspans, engines, armament

It's a typo

Richard

1 hour ago, vince14 said:

I suspect it's nothing more than a typo...

... Could be but when a manufacturer wants to make an announcement and has to rely on his would-be customers to guess and speculate what it’s all about, I’d say he missed his point! :rolleyes: