White death

Hawkwrench

I've been watching the weather forecast alot recently and the US is getting walloped by a big winter storm.

Cincinnati (where I'm from)

is forecasted to get around 12 inches Monday and on into Tuesday. 

The forecasters are calling this a storm to break records. 

What about any other LSP'rs out there, what are you getting or about to get from this storm???

Tim

We’ve had major inconveniences from the half a centimetre of heavy snow that fell on our roads. Anything more than a millimetre brings about standstills in the UK. We get sensationalist Tabloid newspaper headlines proclaiming record low temperatures, and storms are given catchy headline names. It’s quite amusing actually, especially when I speak to friends in parts of the world

where snow is measured in FEET! 

2 hours ago, Hawkwrench said:

I've been watching the weather forecast alot recently and the US is getting walloped by a big winter storm.

Cincinnati (where I'm from)

is forecasted to get around 12 inches Monday and on into Tuesday. 

The forecasters are calling this a storm to break records. 

What about any other LSP'rs out there, what are you getting or about to get from this storm???

Tim

We are expecting some snow from this system, by Monday evening. Most likely 10 to 15 cms, so not anywhere near as much as down south by your stretch of the woods. Stay safe!! 

1 hour ago, Stokey Pete said:

We’ve had major inconveniences from the half a centimetre of heavy snow that fell on our roads. Anything more than a millimetre brings about standstills in the UK. We get sensationalist Tabloid newspaper headlines proclaiming record low temperatures, and storms are given catchy headline names. It’s quite amusing actually, especially when I speak to friends in parts of the world

where snow is measured in FEET! 

Ah, yes..."The Imp from the East"...  Looking at BBC Look East though, some parts of Norfolk and Suffolk had plenty of snow - a couple of feet deep, whereas in our part of Essex, we probably had two inches spread over four days. 

We had a good ice storm two days ago in Memphis.  A lot of trees are hard hit under the ice weight.  Limbs snapped all over the place.  The next two days we' are expecting snow.  Damn, 24 F out side.  What is that, -4 C.?   It's damn cold outside.  I lived in SoCal for the last 20 plus years (plus four years in Singapore) in that 20 years but damn.  I do love the four seasons.  LOL.  Next week it will be in the 50's......  Stay warm my friends.  

9 minutes ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

And in a few months time in the UK, we'll all be complaining it's too hot to sleep! Or I will be complaining, at the very least....

Chris. 

I will take the tropical weather over the winter, every time! I love sleeping in the hammock on my back porch when it gets very warm!! 

Big deal. I remember 18 inch snowfalls when my kids and I would run around in the drifts yelping and throwing snow on one another. Also had ice storms when every thing froze up so we had to stay with friends a few days until electricity was restored. That was here in bucolic Connecticut. I grew up in Chicago which was even worse. When l was a child I had to walk 5 miles to school and it was uphill both ways! :rofl: