They'll never release ------- in 1/32 scale!

mpk

7 minutes ago, RLWP said:

747-438(ER):

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/boeing-747-400-vh-oei-qantas/344kz3

I checked the registration number on the fuselage

Richard

-38 would be the original customer number - presumably QANTAS, and the (ER) would be Extended Range.  Boeing designated the last two numbers for customers which they retained whatever aircraft they ordered.  Braathens SAFE had -05, so their 737-200s they ordered in 1969 had the designation 737-205, with the added QC for the airframes with a cargo door on the forward port fuselage to allow them to be quickly converted to carry cargo instead of "self-loading cargo".  Later, BU operated 737-405, 737-505 and 737-705s and then they went belly up.

16 minutes ago, jenshb said:

-38 would be the original customer number - presumably QANTAS, and the (ER) would be Extended Range.  Boeing designated the last two numbers for customers which they retained whatever aircraft they ordered.  Braathens SAFE had -05, so their 737-200s they ordered in 1969 had the designation 737-205, with the added QC for the airframes with a cargo door on the forward port fuselage to allow them to be quickly converted to carry cargo instead of "self-loading cargo".  Later, BU operated 737-405, 737-505 and 737-705s and then they went belly up.

I've fallen into a whole new rabbit-hole of aeroplane nerdiness :D

Have you seen a 747 dismantled with a Caterpillar excavator? Doesn't take long

Richard

5 hours ago, RLWP said:

I've fallen into a whole new rabbit-hole of aeroplane nerdiness :D

Have you seen a 747 dismantled with a Caterpillar excavator? Doesn't take long

Richard

Yep, they tear them up pretty quick, like a squirrel on a walnut.

The footage of all the Tomcats getting trashed by digger was very sad . I understand a lot of vets were upset that more didn't find their way to museums .

The UK did ok with Lightnings, less so with Phantoms in the much same vein for the same politcal reasons .  

Edited by Panzerwomble
speeeeelign

On 2/16/2021 at 6:28 AM, Panzerwomble said:

Dale - who are "they" and why are "they" so mean ?? 

Every week we come here and suplicate for oodels of new 1/32  aircraft , and all we get is re runs of aircraft that have been covered many times before , it's worse than daytime TV . 

You need to have a word with "them" ...

Don't you know????

EVERYONE IS OUT TO GET ME!!!!! :frantic:

:P

Edited by mpk

On 2/15/2021 at 4:26 PM, GrahamC said:

something excessively too large, obscure, or just very unlikely.

This has been rattling around in my head for some days now, trying to find something sensibly sized, well know and quite possible that probably won't get released in 1/32

The Curtiss JN-4 is a good candidate, as is the AVRO 504

What about the Cessna 172?:

C-172A_N7481T_at_Anderson,_Indiana,_USA.

Richard

Richard,

Good ones.  However, Roden is planning an Avro 504 in 1/32 scale. Roden has been following and there has been some collaboration with the gentleman doing this scratchbuild:

Roden has been listening - may even be following this these postings ;)

Not only the C172 but pretty much all or most of the very common small general aviation single and twin piston engine types are not likely candidates. But just to prove that you have to be careful about saying never - Roden does a 1/32 Cessna L-19/O-1.

cheers, Graham

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Roden has been listening - may even be following this these postings ;)

Indeed. I'm also a member of the WWI aircraft models forum, I should have remembered their interest in the 504

And I deviously checked what Cessna's were available and what were the most common GA 'planes to make sure the Bird-dog could be left out :D

I'm guessing if it hasn't got guns, we can forget it!

Richard