1/35 medevac helicopter medical equipment

Hawkwrench

So I tried my hand at making a medical trauma sheet bag that is hung up in military helos, mainly Army and AF.

Here's the real thing

20210211_142056

Here's my scratchbuilt effort using 2 part Apoxie putty

20210211_141920

Close enough I suppose.

Comments and critiques welcome.

Tim

Nice work! I've tried to sculpt some seat back cushions for my Intruder, and now know how hard this can be. I already had lots of respect for e.g. figure sculpters, but that has doubled after my seat cushion adventures with Milliput in my case.

Once painted up and with some indication of straps and zippers they'll look the part IMHO :)

May I make a suggestion...  Make square blocks about the size of your bad. Let em dry. Slowly build up your folds with thin sausages of putty.

To make seams place a thin layer of putty there and use a scalpel/ razor blade for seams. Small pieces of foil/tape cut to make the zipper grasp.

Looking great sir.

Cheers

2 hours ago, USMC Herc said:

May I make a suggestion...  Make square blocks about the size of your bad. Let em dry. Slowly build up your folds with thin sausages of putty.

To make seams place a thin layer of putty there and use a scalpel/ razor blade for seams. Small pieces of foil/tape cut to make the zipper grasp.

Looking great sir.

Cheers

Thank you for the advice sir! I'll keep that in mind when I redo the project. 

Tim