RAH-66 and AH-56 1/32, 1/35 or larger?

artoor_k

27 minutes ago, Troy Molitor said:

Didn't Aurora release this way, way  back when?  Lockheed AH 56 Cheyenne.  Be still my beating heart!

Troy you're talking 1/72 scale, at the moment re-released by the Atlantis brand.

The only vacform 1/35 Lockheed Cheyenne was designed and built by our own LSP member Lee White, was trying to get the link here on the site, but couldn't find it yet.

Edited by Jack

1 hour ago, artoor_k said:

Anybody heard about models of Comanche and Cheyenne in large scales? Maybe a toy to convert? I heard about vacuform Cheyenne but I've searched trough ebay and I found nothing.

Hi Artoor, you won't find it on ebay, that's for sure........

1/32 would be huge.  The Cheyanne wasn't small.  I recall seeing one up close and personal in Virginia. (Fort Eustis) and again in Flight School, perhaps in Fort Rucker (AL)?   Then again the current contending replacement for the Blackhawk has a pushing propeller in the rear end.  Nothing like going back on a 50 year old idea!    

artoor_K.  I will be following your quest with interest.  Best wishes!   

Troy 

Indeed in Fort Rucker an example of the Cheyenne is on display, our late former member Larry Hawkins sent me a whole bunch of pictures, like a walk around, and they are very usefull when trying to detail such a model.

Thanks fol all your replies. I found Comanche toy but it is deformed to a degree when repair is impossible:

https://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-customs-works-progress/96109-wip-g-i-joe-comanche-stealth-helicopter.html

Still searching...Maybe fuselages for rc rah-66 models will give more possibilities...if I'll find any in Poland... 

The SB-1 Defiant seems to be the future - hopefully, it will not go the same way as the AH-56 and RAH-66! (however, I am certain that the development lessons learned with these two helicopters benefit the SB-1 enormously).

Derek

Artoor, I am in the process of sending my molds to John Wilkes,aka Tigger, for his range. Most of the molds are there, but 1 fin half and 1 wing mold will have to be replicated. There were never molds for the rotor, that was make from plastic sheet. I will try and get that out to him tomorrow, and, in a short while, it should be available.