ICM 1/32 Gloster gladiator engine

Grifter

I'm doing the Gloster gladiator and I have come to do the engine.

It gives two options one with cowling on and the other with engine showing.

I did a dry fit and the rocker covers do not fit on option one, has any one managed to fit the covers on with the rocker covers.

37 minutes ago, Grifter said:

I'm doing the Gloster gladiator and I have come to do the engine.

It gives two options one with cowling on and the other with engine showing.

I did a dry fit and the rocker covers do not fit on option one, has any one managed to fit the covers on with the rocker covers.

No, don’t fit the rocker covers on the engine if you are planning to put the cowling panels on, they won’t fit! 

I’m just doing another one. Another tip to add some rigidity to the lower wing.

once the lower wing halves are glued, you can slide two cocktail sticks in between the lower wing centre section, without obstructing the fuselage fit in any way. It helps because the lower wing is thin and a bit floppy.

33 minutes ago, DrDave said:

once the lower wing halves are glued, you can slide two cocktail sticks in between the lower wing centre section, without obstructing the fuselage fit in any way. It helps because the lower wing is thin and a bit floppy.

Excellent stuff.

3 hours ago, DrDave said:

....and Ade, the tail plane structure is potentially weak....accurate but weak so along the lines of Dave's wings recommendation a similar approach helps.

Edited by mozart

9 minutes ago, mozart said:

....and Ade, the tail plane structure is potentially weak....accurate but weak so along the lines of Dave's wings recommendation and similar approach helps.

Thanks Max. I’ll be sure to read through your thread before I begin work on mine. Pencilled in for some time in 2049 at my build rate.