F-4EJ改 Kai: Tamiya 1/32nd Scale

Timmy!

1 hour ago, easixpedro said:

That’s pretty slick… not sure about the coding bit though. I tinker/build as a way to relax and coding seems like torture. Tip of the proverbial hat to you for doing AND then sharing!

The coding is a tough puzzle that has its reward at the end.  Yeah getting over road blocks and being stuck with a problem for days on end was not fun.  I'm happy to share!!

Hmmm, now that's VERY cool!  I'm not very good with electronics though.  Pretty much just Eyes, Vintage Aircraft rebuilding and Model planes is my limit!  I wonder what it might be like in my Brit Toom?  Although I am doing it back home at Leuchars after chasing Bears with the para pack door open, probe extended and crew just exited.  I will definitely follow with interest!

Cheers Anthony 

On 8/26/2021 at 1:56 PM, Anthony in NZ said:

Hmmm, now that's VERY cool!  I'm not very good with electronics though.  Pretty much just Eyes, Vintage Aircraft rebuilding and Model planes is my limit!  I wonder what it might be like in my Brit Toom?  Although I am doing it back home at Leuchars after chasing Bears with the para pack door open, probe extended and crew just exited.  I will definitely follow with interest!

Cheers Anthony 

If I am successful in this endeavor I can easily make a product line for various models.  Tailored lighting kits for just about any aircraft type.  All the modeler would have to do is install fiber light tubes in the model route them to a base that houses the control board with a USB power connection or internal battery and run the app.  It would mean more modification but the control board could be installed in the model too.

2 minutes ago, Timmy! said:

If I am successful in this endeavor I can easily make a product line for various models.  Tailored lighting kits for just about any aircraft type.  All the modeler would have to do is install fiber light tubes in the model route them to a base that houses the control board with a USB power connection or internal battery and run the app.  It would mean more modification but the control board could be installed in the model too.

You make that sound quite easy.  I like the idea of using an App on my phone too.  I shall watch with interest!

Cheers Anthony

• 9 months later...

Finally an update.  This project is about to get moving again.  After months of on and off work I finally learned enough code to get my app to talk to my micro controller.  As of now I have one switch and the throttles successfully sending data to the micro controller, and turning on a neopixel multi-color LED.  Several more neopixels and a sound board will added and I still need to write up some animations to make the lights and sounds all function properly.  I predict this to be much easier task.  Then I'll hard wire everything up and get the model going again.  BTW there is no sound in the video except for the TV in the background.

Thanks for watching.

Timmy!

On 5/31/2022 at 6:18 PM, Timmy! said:

Finally an update.  This project is about to get moving again.  After months of on and off work I finally learned enough code to get my app to talk to my micro controller.  As of now I have one switch and the throttles successfully sending data to the micro controller, and turning on a neopixel multi-color LED.  Several more neopixels and a sound board will added and I still need to write up some animations to make the lights and sounds all function properly.  I predict this to be much easier task.  Then I'll hard wire everything up and get the model going again.  BTW there is no sound in the video except for the TV in the background.

Thanks for watching.

Timmy!

Very cool project, are you doing this open source? I would love to contribute to the app or services code 

Edited by Neo