SOW gear sets... WOW!

seiran01

I was looking over my SOW gear sets this morning, the first two I ordered that arrived a week or two ago and got pushed aside with the craziness of life.  In one word, all I can say is WOW! I bought the gear for the Trumpy P-38 and the Revell Ju-88, and man oh man, what an improvement they are.

Looking forward to getting my hands on additional sets soon, seeing the Skyhawks are on the way I'll be grabbing a few of those :D 

Thanks Damian!!

Mike

On 2/9/2021 at 12:16 PM, Out2gtcha said:

The main thing for me about DBs sets in there is NO need to paint any oleos any more!

Painted oleo struts really look poor IMHO, and the SOW sets really do away with that need, and you get the added bonus of the strength of hardened wire inside.

I'll second that. Chrome paint just looks like paint. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2021 at 12:16 PM, Out2gtcha said:

The main thing for me about DBs sets in there is NO need to paint any oleos any more!

Painted oleo struts really look poor IMHO, and the SOW sets really do away with that need, and you get the added bonus of the strength of hardened wire inside.

I always use foil on my oleos, looks better then paint. 

I havent tried SOW yet but time will come soon. 

1 hour ago, Neo said:

I always use foil on my oleos, looks better then paint. 

I havent tried SOW yet but time will come soon. 

Im a big foil guy too.............but a lot of the time the oleos are so small, or so thin, foil really doesn't work well, so this is really welcome IMHO. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...