Another HK B-25 coming in March.... so they say...

Gazzas

1 hour ago, ivanmoe said:

When I was in college, I took Art History as an elective. A visit to a local museum was part of the syllabus, so off we went one afternoon. One of the exhibits there was devoted to the work of a "hyper-realist" who painted motorcycles. Man, I honestly thought that I was looking at photographs, rather than paintings. I mentioned this to the instructor and told her how impressed that I was with the artist's work. She sorta frowned and explained that contemporary pieces like his were considered rather déclassé, and normally wouldn't be hosted in a prestigious museum like the one that we were standing in. Interestingly, in that world, the ability to "render" (her word) was assumed and not something to be celebrated. I think that conversation more or less killed high-brow art for yours truly. ;)

Art snobs. That's all I have to say on that matter, lest I'd need to run upstairs and throw up.

On 2/9/2021 at 12:34 PM, Confusionreigns178 said:

The box-art looks like it's computer-generated...

On 2/9/2021 at 12:59 PM, B-17 said:

The box art appears to be by Piotr Forkasiewicz...

https://peterfor.com/

Indeed it is.

For a better pic, close-ups, alternate markings and some cool animation, this page is worth having a look at: https://peterfor.com/projects/Vg3Go8

I must be an art snob as stuff by Robert Taylor, John Shaw and Nick Trudgian that has been painted always has so much more atmosphere to me.

Computer rendered are of 3d models miss the entire concept of what art is about. Its not about rib spacing and rivets but portraying a moment in history not a technical drawing.

Clouds etc are something you cannot render with any atmosphere ive yet to see on a computer rendered picture.

The old Airfix box tops with the awesome art by Roy Cross to me are head and shoulders above the multitude of computer renders they use now.

Likewise when an artist like Taylor has sat down with the men involved and gotten a feeling for the time, sky and atmosphere a painting just comes to life.

Something a computer simply cant do.

These are Robert Taylor a legend in the art world for his depictions of stories shared with him and great moments in history captured onto canvas.

A print exhibition or canvas display is something to behold of his work and owning several of his prints they look magnificent on  wall.

Many of his prints came signed by the likes of Galland, Rall, Olds, Hartmann, Walsh, Bader, Tuck, Doolittle to name but a few.

They are a great accompaniment to our hobby and an incredible talking point among friends and visitors.

To me this is art.

Sorry for the art spam!

PS Nice to see another B-25 boxing from HK a truly lovely kit!!

5166ef0918fe5_huge-X2.jpg

5c950f30c7819_huge.jpg

5dceb74ece7d9_huge.jpg

5638ccd3c3e3e_huge.jpg

5631f032aa558_huge-X2.jpg

5f19655320e9b_huge.jpg

54887c6d0610e_huge-X2.jpg

54d23183d6c04_huge-X2.jpg

55dc496cb5749_huge.jpg