Another HK B-25 coming in March.... so they say...

Gazzas

1 hour ago, D.B. Andrus said:

That's a fantastic piece of boxart.

Cheers,

Damian

When I was in college, I took Art History as an elective. A visit to a local museum was part of the syllabus, so off we went one afternoon. One of the exhibits there was devoted to the work of a "hyper-realist" who painted motorcycles. Man, I honestly thought that I was looking at photographs, rather than paintings. I mentioned this to the instructor and told her how impressed that I was with the artist's work. She sorta frowned and explained that contemporary pieces like his were considered rather déclassé, and normally wouldn't be hosted in a prestigious museum like the one that we were standing in. Interestingly, in that world, the ability to "render" (her word) was assumed and not something to be celebrated. I think that conversation more or less killed high-brow art for yours truly. ;)

Edited by ivanmoe

There's definitely something a bit off about that Lanc.... I've spotted it! The pilot's hair is longer than regulations allowed. A very serious oversight, indeed. 

Chris.  

PS: On a more serious note, I'm glad to see  HK are putting more effort into their box-art. I have the B-25J Strafer and the box-art could - at best - be described as "basic". When you're spending some serious coin on these kits, a great illustration makes a lot of difference. 

Edited by Confusionreigns178
Amending some information.

The box art appears to be by Piotr Forkasiewicz. He seems to be doing artwork for all the recent HK reboxings and some stuff for Eduard. His website is worth a browse while having a coffee/beer.

https://peterfor.com/

I'm tempted to buy this reboxing, but man... I was really hoping for a 345th BG boxing. I am really disappointed by the lack of 345th markings on offer for the glass nose HK B-25. I guess the wait continues for that, the B-17F rebox, and B-17 nose section kit.