Sooooo... with all the Corona times Skypes meetings - how many of you look like this during the meetings :-)

Thomas Lund

Five! good lord... I thought two was a lot of work over the 21 years they lived.

We cat foster now getting the potential adoptee's ready for new homes.  They spend a week or two here to sort out what their personalities are like, have them spade or neutered if necessary and sort out any other health issues before they go for adoption. We have to evaluate them as to what type of home they would fit into best i.e. Kid tolerant or not, shy or not etc. It is truly amazing how different the personalities are in each of them.

I have tons of pics of all our past guests but we are not allowed to post pics of them on the internet for privacy reasons. 

24 minutes ago, LSP_Ron said:

Five! good lord... I thought two was a lot of work over the 21 years they lived.

We had Sam and I bought Ben (little guy top center) from a shelter here in Omaha to keep Sam company. Good were at two! Then the wifes mother said she had some wayward kittens at her house and we knew her house was not a great situation so we took a really cute tiny gray tuxedo (Ripley Ellen top left stretching). Then a year or so later we felt so bad that her twin brother Nicodemus, a black and white tuxedo, would look so sad at my wife who took his sister away that the wife sent me pics of his sad little face so all of a sudden we had 4. So Technically we have 4 cats, but I have to admit Id be heart broken if/when Onyx leaves, as he is a wonderful ambassador for cats and a truly good boy. 

Then the daughter broke up w/her bf and moved back to Omaha with her cat Onyx. The big guy has pretty much lived with us since she's moved around a couple of times. 

Surprisingly enough, with a few spats and hissing fits of annoyance, all 5 get along pretty well. 

Ok before this goes too much into the cat direction, we need some counterweight

I work in my man cave that also has a spare bed for when the daughter comes home. That is one of the favorite places for Osvald to reside when I'm working. This shot shows him supervising my sandwiches...

Laptop is 90 degrees to the right from this shot, so you can see a model is always close by for a little tinkering when all the yapping becomes too boring. BTW 8 hours was a very special day, but very often I have 4-5 meetings of 1 hour each. PITA if not for the models

EsbnBQ0.jpg

I also have lots of Webex, Skype and Teams meetings -somehow I always end up doing the talking and since most meetings are pretty short and/or useful I would not know how to combine work with modelling.

One (big) advantage I'm taking is the lack of travel time -I start earlier, can quit earlier, and as such can sneak in half an hour or so some days a week which is more than I previously got.

I work in hospital IT, so there's not avoiding going to our locations sometimes. :)