1:32 Gloster Gauntlet MkII

Silver Wings

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We would like to officially confirm that our Gloster Gladiator is available for purchase. All pre-orders will be shipped within the next two weeks. New orders can be placed via our website www.silverwings.pl or directly via e-mail silverwings@silverwings.pl. 

You will find photos of the kit under this link:

http://www.silverwings.pl/gloster-gauntlet-mk-ii.html

Edited by Silver Wings

Can't wait!! I received my first S/W's kit a couple of weeks ago via Ebay, a Demon, and was seriously impressed. Then a few days ago I scored a Bulldog also via Ebay, that is in the mail, and just ordered the Gauntlet. Now to find a Siskin! Regards, Pete in RI

Edited by europapete

11 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Mine arrived today. The kit simply looks...gorgeous! :clap2:

Ah, well done Thierry! Mine’s on its way so hopefully not too long before it arrives. The message from the Post office the other day was a false alarm.......it was a large late birthday card which because of its size needed extra postage costs! I was disappointed that it wasn’t the Gauntlet but happy to receive the card from a lovely friend! 

Delighted to say that my Gauntlet turned up unexpectedly this afternoon.....when I checked yesterday it (allegedly) hadn't reached the UK.  It looks like a well engineered kit, challenging for sure as all SW kits are but I'm itching to get started already!  I'm also using the AIMS two-bladed Watts prop with mine plus some elements of the AIMS Gladiator PE set which I bought last year when I was contemplating adapting the ICM Gladiator to a Gauntlet.  Thanks Simon! 

My pair arrived yesterday and very much up to scratch. I have the Mushroom book on the Gladiator and Gauntlet and fancy a Gauntlet I - which I think is just a 2 bladed prop? For the II I fancy the Phoney War camouflage finish.

Simon, the Gauntlet I was built by Gloster but when Hawkers took over the Gloster Co. in 1934 they changed the construction method using Warren trusses on the fuselage and Hawker wing spars, these were known as Gauntlet IIs but they were identical in appearance to the Is. 
Source Gloster Gauntlet by Alex Crawford MMP books and highly recommended! 

17 hours ago, mozart said:

Simon, the Gauntlet I was built by Gloster but when Hawkers took over the Gloster Co. in 1934 they changed the construction method using Warren trusses on the fuselage and Hawker wing spars, these were known as Gauntlet IIs but they were identical in appearance to the Is. 
Source Gloster Gauntlet by Alex Crawford MMP books and highly recommended! 

I thought they were externally the same Max, thanks for confirming. I wonder if an enterprising manufacturer will produce just the Watts airscrew and spinner and maybe alternative markings? I fancy a Mk II in markings I saw in MJF Bowyers 'Fighting Colours' half a lifetime ago - mind you, easy enough to cobble together appropriate markings I would say. And then a 'silver' Mk I. Seems like a plan to me!!