Seven Jasta 11 Dreideckers

I was doing some research on my new WIP and came across this. This to me is SO cool, to see that many full scale DR.1s in flight, and from the same Jasta (11) with the Baron and his scarf to boot. The landing sequence starting around 3:50 is really quite something. Knowing how badly these things can turn on a pilot during landing/take-off, these reproduction pilots really know their stuff. 

Enjoy! 

2 minutes ago, denders said:

Nice!

I note that they all appear to have a tail wheel and not a skid. I also imagine they're all running a radial engine instead of a rotary engine, less torque I imagine.

I have no idea. Radials can still provide more than ample torque. I've seen a ton of images of WWII Navy fighters doing a torque roll, right into the sea.

13 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I have no idea. Radials can still provide more than ample torque. I've seen a ton of images of WWII Navy fighters doing a torque roll, right into the sea.

Yup, you're right. I just figured for the aircraft type the amount of torque would be less because only the propeller is spinning instead of the whole engine mass.

Brian, that is another nice video of a Tripe. At the very end when he's shutting down you can see the whole engine spinning. Cool!