Uh oh, new product

D.B. Andrus

1 hour ago, B-17 said:

Is it just me, or is anyone else skeptical that the metal rods inside those stretch the entire length of the strut like the SOW ones do?

Can you please rephrase this? it doesn't make much sense to me as it is.  How does a metal rod stretch the entire length of a strut if said metal rod is of a finite length?  I've never heard of any issues with Damian's (SOW) products and although I've not yet tried them, I'm quite sure if there's any issues, he'll stand firmly behind his products.

Edited by Juggernut

pl8KjyYIp

This is an example of the SOW design I was trying to describe. He contours a metal rod to match the shape of the entire strut. This reinforces the entire strut including the axel. He then surrounds it with a section of stainless tubing in the shock strut area.

I am wondering if the ones in the review are just stainless tubing in the shock strut area, while the rest of the gear is resin.

Hope that clarifies 

Edited by B-17

34 minutes ago, B-17 said:

pl8KjyYIp

This is an example of the SOW design I was trying to describe. He contours a metal rod to match the shape of the entire strut. This reinforces the entire strut including the axel. He then surrounds it with a section of stainless tubing in the shock strut area.

I am wondering if the ones in the review are just stainless tubing in the shock strut area, while the rest of the gear is resin.

Hope that clarifies 

It did, thank you.  Unfortunately, the only way we'll know about their product attributes is for someone to review them and post the review online or through personal experience.

Damian,

One stop shop, S.O.W.  You listen and delver to what we ask for.  Imitations can copy an idea but not necessarily replicate a good engineering idea!    

Russian Concorde, Russian Space shuttle, Su-27,  Toyota:  Pick up trucks, really????  English: Boris Johnson. Just kidding folks and just for humor not to offend!!