What's this? Academy new tool F-4E? Revell?

iaf-man

58 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

As well as a thread on here, there's one on Britmodeller, which shows a new sprue and one from the Sufa included in the kit, Revell in origin.

tried to search here-didn't find anything :-)

36 minutes ago, USMC Herc said:

Buy the sprue as a separate item from revel?

I’m betting that Revell didn’t tool that new sprue.  The style of sprue identification tab (the cut out letter) isn’t a style that I’ve seen Revell use.  I suspect it was done by Academy, or specifically for Academy.  I don’t think Academy would sell that sprue separately as they would rather people buy the whole kit.

44 minutes ago, Scotsman said:

It's a SUFA weapons sprue , Popeye & comms pod and other bits and pieces,  and a fairly decent decal sheet , nice but as has been said not really worth £100+, Ah well back to the  F-100F

In addition to the weapons sprue from the Sufa kit, this kit also has a small sprue with TISEO, strike cameras, AN/ASW-55 pod, and various antennas, that was made specific for this kit.  The new sprue is shown in the Britmodeler thread.

Edited by Dave Williams

18 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

I’m betting that Revell didn’t tool that new sprue.  The style of sprue identification tab (the cut out letter) isn’t a style that I’ve seen Revell use.  I suspect it was done by Academy, or specifically for Academy.  I don’t think Academy would sell that sprue separately as they would rather people buy the whole kit.

Yeah, I’m just trying to get around making one from scratch because I’m lazy. Probably less than 30 minutes of work to make one. :D

Ben