Anyone used Revells old F4E nose on the latest released Phantom

oyoy5

I used the old Revell part to make a more accurately shaped phantom nose...razor saw cut at the 12 oclock and 6 oclock position then added a plastic shim to match the width of the new phantom. Turns out the side profile is much better than the newer phantom. the length is a little short so another shim on the back edge will get you there.

qOMeie4.jpg

2XVr43N.jpg

10 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Many people used a Tamiya nose for a very simple reason: the Japanese version release has two noses (a clear and a grey one).

Speaking of which, I don't understand folks that resist the clear air-frame parts. Aside from the plastic typically being more brittle, once painted, the end result is the same.

On 2/4/2021 at 9:11 PM, thierry laurent said:

You either have the F-4 or RF-4 front fuselage. I still have the RF-4B decals stored somewhere.

I had this box: https://www.scalemates.com/nl/kits/revell-ceji-4754-rf-4e-phantom-ii-f-4f--1324315

It's been a really long time since I built it (I was 14 or so?) but I think that came with parts for both versions,at least the box thinks so. I built it as a standard camouflaged F-4F, that I know, as it is still suspended on the ceiling somewhere in the shed with my parents!

That white RF-4 scheme.... wasn't for me, still isn't ;)

Jeroen

1 hour ago, jeroen_R90S said:

I had this box: https://www.scalemates.com/nl/kits/revell-ceji-4754-rf-4e-phantom-ii-f-4f--1324315

It's been a really long time since I built it (I was 14 or so?) but I think that came with parts for both versions,at least the box thinks so. I built it as a standard camouflaged F-4F, that I know, as it is still suspended on the ceiling somewhere in the shed with my parents!

That white RF-4 scheme.... wasn't for me, still isn't ;)

Jeroen

I forgot that release. The RF-4B did not give such an option.

29 minutes ago, Shawn M said:

I have a spare nose from the G model kit if you want an extra

The Revell G nose is just as bad as the E/F nose (too angled and pointy).

If your home sculpting skills aren't up to scratch, and you can't get a spare Tamiya nose,

the GT resin noses for E/F and Gs from Sprue Bros is a good replacement.

There are others with equally good reputations, but I've only tried the GT version.