Hasegawa 1/32 Scale FW 190D-9 (New Tool)

James Rademaker

Hi Jim,

My local hobby shop has two or three on the shelf currently  The price however is $69.00 USD.  I personally have paid $40 over the last few years to collect several thin and broad tailed variant Doras and I wouldn't go more than this price for a Hasegawa kit.  Just me saying this.  

NY might be a different climate altogether but if I can help out.  Please let me know.  

Man, I got excited there for a second thinking, "A NEW Hasegawa Dora release?????"

Yes, I've noticed the scarcity of some Hasegawa 1/32 offerings too including the D-9.  I hope it is temporary and suppliers get more copies to drive that price down.  I've still got a couple in the stash to work on so I can wait it out.

Thanks guys, I know about the REVELL/ Hasegawa Dora, but I don’t  know anyone who has it. I contacted Sprue Brrothers and asked if they would stock it and my reply was yes if Revell Germany offered it. I agree that the price seems to be driven up by lack of supply and some outrageous prices are being asked for 1/32 Hasegawa kits. I saw $150.00on eBay for a FW190 8. Nuts! Luckily, I have an old tool Dora so I’m going to order the Eagle Editions cockpit and sand and scribe the wings. Maybe later in the spring stock will open up. 

Regards,

Jim

By the by, while we do refer to the kit as being new tool, the kit has actually been around for quite a long while. I don't for the life of me understand why Hasegawa seems reluctant to re-release the P-40 series, as I'm more than sure there's money to be made there. It's possible, I suppose, that the D-9 may also not be re-released for a very long time either.

1 hour ago, RBrown said:

Zoukei Mura announced a D-9 in conjunction with their proposed  Fw 190 series awhile ago.  Supposedly the Fw 190s are still in development.

FYI the latest IPMS magazine has a very nice article about the history of the ZM company by the “old Man”.  In it there is a quick discussion about new products and a photo/drawing of the FW-190 we are waiting for.  No mention of timing for release of a kit... sigh :(

9 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

In it there is a quick discussion about new products and a photo/drawing of the FW-190 we are waiting for.  No mention of timing for release of a kit... sigh :(

Which one are we waiting for Rick ?

From what I've seen, (which could prove meaningless) the first one will be the A-4.

After that, who knows ?  I'm looking forward to seeing one of the Basic kits .

rbaCYuA.jpg

I found this list some time ago ...

ZM's schedule :
Fw190A-3 Basic
Fw190A-4 SWS
Fw190A-5/6/7 Basic
Fw190A-8 SWS
Fw190D-9 SWS

:shrug:

Edited by MikeMaben