What PSI do others recommend for Mr Paint

Paul2660

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 1/15/2022 at 7:19 AM, CraigC said:

Just wondering if  anyone uses  additional MRP thinners or the MRP retarding thinners. If so in what circumstances?

I generally thin 50/50 Mr. Paint with Leveling Thinner for basic painting but I mix by eye and might add more just because it doesn't look right. I have found that sometimes the paint in the jar is thicker than it should be.

Adding much more thinner would be the ticket if you wanted very light coverage like to slightly post shade panel lines, etc.

Edited by Archer Fine Transfers
Clarified that I'm referring to Mr. Paint

11 minutes ago, Archer Fine Transfers said:

I generally thin 50/50 with Leveling Thinner for basic painting but I mix by eye and might add more just because it doesn't look right. I have found that sometimes the paint in the jar is thicker than it should be.

Adding much more thinner would be the ticket if you wanted very light coverage like to slightly post shade panel lines, etc.

I have never thinned MRP and have never seen the need to do so.  They spray fine right out of the bottle even when spraying fine lines or shading.  I have used them for 5 years exclusively through the airbrush. 

1 hour ago, BarryWilliams said:

I have never thinned MRP and have never seen the need to do so.  They spray fine right out of the bottle even when spraying fine lines or shading.  I have used them for 5 years exclusively through the airbrush. 

This is me to a tee.  Same, same, I have honestly never yet found a need to thin them.  From everything from ultra fine line mottling work, to large overall bodies of paint at the same time, I've found MRP sprays perfectly right OOB.  

I normally spray anywhere from 10 to 20 lbs pressure depending on if I'm doing fine line work or large blocks of color.

17 hours ago, BarryWilliams said:

This thread has gone off-topic.
MRP and Mr. Paint are two entirely different paint lines, but Mr. Paint is sometimes referred to as MRP due to the naming history of MRP.

My comments are regarding Mr. Paint.

Edited by Archer Fine Transfers

8 hours ago, Archer Fine Transfers said:

MRP and Mr. Paint are two entirely different paint lines, but Mr. Paint is sometimes referred to as MRP due to the naming history of MRP.

I think you've confused things a little here, Woody. MRP is simply a rebranding of Mr. Paint, since people were confusing it with the Mr. Color range from Gunze (which is an entirely different line).

Kev

On 1/20/2022 at 10:44 AM, Archer Fine Transfers said:

On the contrary.  Mr Paint was the original name for MRP and was changed to MRP because of confusion with the Mr Color range from Gunze.  

I still have a couple of old MRP bottles branded Mr Paint.