How buildable is ZMs Shinden?

dutik

Well, pondering to build ZMs Shinden for the Air Superiority Groupbuild.

Given my tight schedule and my tendency of procrastination I am looking for a smooth and fast build. So how buildable is the Shinden?

Also want to keep the cowl closed, so what of the engine construction can be left off without running into problems to add the cowlings, exhausts und spinner?

How is the fit of closed geardoors? Thinking about an in-flight display using ZMs "Inflight" AM set.

Any advice?

Regards

- dutik

I've heard it's a bear to build and if it's anything even remotely close to their later Ta152H, it's not going to be smooth or fast.  Since I've never built the kit I really can't comment with any authority, only based on what I've read from builds and the build review below.

Cybermodeler build review

4 hours ago, dutik said:

Given my tight schedule and my tendency of procrastination I am looking for a smooth and fast build. So how buildable is the Shinden?

The Shinden is not a weekend slap-together kind of kit, but I really enjoyed building mine with the ZM J7W2 conversion:

The biggest issue is that the entire inner structure is ever so slightly too big, resulting in serious fit issues with the outer panels if not addressed before assembly. It's easy to work around, though, just sand down the outer surfaces of everything and test fit several steps ahead during assembly. 

4 hours ago, dutik said:

what of the engine construction can be left off without running into problems to add the cowlings, exhausts und spinner?

The engine doesn't need to be super detailed, but the basic structure will need to be there in order to mount the exhaust pipes. The cowling parts do not attach to the engine, and prop/spinner attach to the aft end of the fuselage, so those shouldn't be an issue. 

HTH,

D